Question First build AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Aug 31, 2019
This is going to be my first build. I've been looking at getting the AMD Ryzen 5 3600, so my question is whats the best motherboard to go for?
Open question with lots of answers im sure so to help narrow it down, my budget is max £120. I've been looking at the ASrock B450 steel legend ATX AM4, also the PRO4. I've seen a few threads mention they're roughly the same but the steel is slightly better and looks better. I've also seen comments about the Asus ROG STRIX B450-F, now I appreciate the more you pay the better the product. That being said with so many mobo's in the price range I have, I want to get the best I can get ideally.
Then to throw in the mix of X470's whats the best options? sticking with a B450 or having a look at the X470 within the price range I'm looking for? I've seen the MSI X470 gaming plus + pro for £110-£118.
I'd just like to build a decent gaming PC thats going to be a good all-rounder and in-depth computer 'virgin' friendly.
Any help is appreciated and any help or info for the build is also greatly appreciated.

WildCard999

Titan
This motherboard supports the 3rd gen right out of the box while some of those may not be shipped with updated BIOS.

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard (£109.99 @ Box Limited)
Total: £109.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-01 01:18 BST+0100

Another good thing about MSI is that some of there boards have a BIOS flash feature that allows you to update the BIOS without a CPU which was required on most B45/X470 boards when the 3rd gen was released. The Tomahawk MAX has this feature.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTkXunUAriE

Last edited: