First Build and Fans not working

domedwlrs

Reputable
Aug 27, 2015
It has been several years since I build a computer. I searched several sites before buying components (lot of mixed information).

Build includes:
Asus Maximus VII Formula
4790 K CPU
EVGA G2 1000 PSU
EVGA gtx 980 hydro copper graphics card
two 8gb Corsair Vengeance Ram
360 Koolance Rad with 6 push pull Noctura NF-F12 industrial PPC PWM fans (two 3-way splitters connected to CPU Fan header and CPU Alt Fan header on MOBO)
140 Koolance Rad with 2 push pull Noctura NF-A14 industrial PPCPWM fans (splitter connected to case fan header on MOBO)
two NF-A14 Noctura 140 industrial PPC PWM mounted as intake on front of case With Splitter connected to one case fan header on MOBO
two NF-F12 Noctura 120 industrial PPC PWM fans mounted as intake on bottom of case with splitter connected to one case fan header on MOBO

Aqualis 880 XLT reservoir
Corsair 750 D case
Swiftech 655 b pump
Acer XB270HU bprz
XPC water temp with a readout located at outflow from CPU

Pump runs and the board lights up. Temp gauge indicates water temp rising so I am guessing the CPU is working.

The issue so far is that none of the fans are working.
The fans on the 360 Rad are using two 3 way splitters and are connected to CPU fan header and CPU fan header alt. This Rad is located at top of case and is in exhaust configuration.

The fans on the 140 Rad are using one 2 way splitter and are connected to a case fan header. This Rad is located at back of case and is in exhaust configuration.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

domedwlrs

Reputable
Aug 27, 2015

I originally used 3 way splitters from Phobya and 2 way splitters from Phobya. Those apparently didn't work. I pulled those and purchased 3 way fan splitters with a 4 pin molex and pwm header.

The pair of 140 mm fans on one splitter and a second pair of 140 mm fans on a second splitter are working perfectly.

The six 120 mm fans in push pull on two 3 way splitters are have some issues. I can get 5 of the fans working as long as I do not have the pwm header plugged into the CPU fan header. I know the CPU fan header and CPU alt fan header are both good because I have plugged in a single fan to each and they worked.

I tried plugging in two 120 mm fans directly to the MOBO on fan headers 3A and 3B and neither fan worked. I am guessing those headers are dead.

Does anyone have any suggestions before I pull the board and send it for RMA?

TRENDING THREADS