First build and I am looking for some advice

samuel.pipolo26

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017
Im building my first gaming pc ( I have had one but never built one before) I have been saving for awhile so I really don't want to mess this up. Here is the link to what I have now. I have already ordered the 1080, i7-7700k, the mouse, and keyboard. I got confirmation from a experienced friend that those were ok. Im also wondering how I should know what motherboards go good with what cases. But beside that I would like some outside advise from people that know what they are doing. Please leave a comment telling what what to change and improve. I am specifically looking for advice with a motherboard(and a case to go with it) a monitor and hard drive advise.

PS: If anyone can recommend a better monitor I think this is perfect for the build my budget is 3000$ so you can give or take some. I am also putting thermal paste (obviously) and would like advise on which to buy.

pcpartpicker link:https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DFsGsJ

Solution
Can you cancel the cpu? The i5 8600k with a Z370 board performs slightly better and the newer motherboard may help with better upgrade options in the future