[SOLVED] First build and it came out great....well....what's wrong here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 6, 2019
Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core CPU
Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition
Gigabyte Z390 GAMING X ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 RAM
Asus GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB STRIX GAMING OC GPU
Adata SU650-120GB SSD (Boot)
Adata SU-800-1TB SSD (Storage)

I have 4 games, of which NONE have been played on line:
Strange Brigade-FPS over 100 high to highest settings.
Descenders-FPS over 100 high to highest settings.
Star Control: Origins-FPS over 100 high to highest settings.
GTA 5-FPS over 100 lowest settings, anything that can be turned off is off. However, I keep getting a very temporary freeze about every 2-3 seconds and I get a 50 FPS loss during this brief stutter. It lasts for 1-2 seconds tops.
When I start GPU load is 97%+. After 5 minutes, or so, load is half CPU and half GPU. Nothing seems to change between the 2 during the temporary stutters. CPU temp has not yet gotten higher than 51°C.

Sep 6, 2019
how are you connected to the monitor if not display-port and you have that option then it might just fix the problem sounds very similar to what i had with new screen. Just trying to help
Through GPU HDMI connection. Not sure if that answers you. I always assume that when someone engages with me about tech stuff that they auto know way more than me so not sure if I answered that correctly or not. Also it's just the 1 game, any settings. Some people think it's a GPU issue but since I started capturing my play real time I am not liking the 50/50 load it carries with the CPU at all. Like I'm offended at it actually but that's not my main issue rn…..YET! LOL

Sep 6, 2019
Through GPU HDMI connection. Not sure if that answers you. I always assume that when someone engages with me about tech stuff that they auto know way more than me so not sure if I answered that correctly or not. Also it's just the 1 game, any settings. Some people think it's a GPU issue but since I started capturing my play real time I am not liking the 50/50 load it carries with the CPU at all. Like I'm offended at it actually but that's not my main issue rn…..YET! LOL
Also I definitely know I need an upgrade in the "monitor" area since I'm using a 60Hz TV.

Sep 6, 2019
"System memory". I think I found the issue. Not surprised. The image has very low sys mem compared to many others with same GPU and less RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY