[SOLVED] (First Build) Are all these parts okay?

Mar 16, 2020
I just got the stuff I need to build a PC for the first time. I'm going to buy rx570 or 580 or 590 8gb for under $160 later just need a graphic card to use the PC when I get it. Is this build with the rx570 enough for 1080p gaming, video editing , coding, and 3d animation. Do you have any advice that you can give me?

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (12nm) 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor ($104.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus TUF B450-PLUS GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard (Purchased For $90.00)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Inland Professional 120 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($20.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GT 710 2 GB Video Card ($54.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply (Purchased For $110.00)
Custom: Cable Matters (2-Pack) PWM 2-Fan Splitter Cable - 4 Inches ($7.99 @ Amazon)
Custom: ASUS PCE-AC55BT B1 Wireless-AC1200 Bluetooth 4.2 PCIe/mPCIe adapter
Custom: upHere Red Computer Case Fan 120mm LED Silent Fan for Computer Cases,PWM Fans,CPU Coolers, and Radiators Ultra Quiet, Premium Edition,4 Pin 3 Pack/R12CM4-3 ($15.99 @ Amazon)
Custom: Montech Air 900 MESH Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case (Purchased For $70.00)
Total: $539.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-06-07 01:24 EDT-0400

Last edited:
Solution
Thank you that guide helped me a lot. Im think of getting 3 of those fans and using the a 1800rp fan I have has exhaust. Would that work?
By theory it should. Once you install the fans, take an incense or something that creates smoke, and move it around the case. You should see that air only enters the case through the intake fans. If you have air being pulled in from other locations around the case, then you do not have enough of airflow from the intake to exhaust. same goes for if the smoke is being pushed away from case, then not enough air is being pulled through exhaust fans. It is ok for air to be pushed out through none areas that have exhaust fans, as long as it is not very excessive. But the one thing you...

IDProG

Distinguished
I just got the stuff I need to build a PC for the first time. I'm going to buy rx570 8gb for under $160 later just need a graphic card to use the PC when I get it. Is this build with the rx570 enough for 1080p gaming, video editing , coding, and 3d animation. Do you have any advice that you can give me?

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (12nm) 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor ($104.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus TUF B450-PLUS GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard (Purchased For $90.00)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Inland Professional 120 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($20.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GT 710 2 GB Video Card ($54.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply (Purchased For $110.00)
Custom: Cable Matters (2-Pack) PWM 2-Fan Splitter Cable - 4 Inches ($7.99 @ Amazon)
Custom: ASUS PCE-AC55BT B1 Wireless-AC1200 Bluetooth 4.2 PCIe/mPCIe adapter
Custom: upHere Red Computer Case Fan 120mm LED Silent Fan for Computer Cases,PWM Fans,CPU Coolers, and Radiators Ultra Quiet, Premium Edition,4 Pin 3 Pack/R12CM4-3 ($15.99 @ Amazon)
Custom: Montech Air 900 MESH Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case (Purchased For $70.00)
Total: $539.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-06-07 01:24 EDT-0400
  1. 1600 AF at $100 is bad value. My advice is either buy 3100 or save $20 and buy 3300X, and then save some money to buy Ryzen 4000 CPU later.
  2. Why did you buy B450? We don't know which one of the B450 can be updated to support Zen 3, and Asus is one of the companies who don't like the idea of B450 supporting Zen 3. So, good luck.
  3. You DEFINITELY cannot live with just 120GB SSD. Buy a bigger SSD and change the SATA SSD to PCIe 3.0 SSD. Trust me, I know how games are made, and you're going to appreciate this when future games come.

Reactions: gubby09
Mar 16, 2020
  1. 1600 AF at $100 is bad value. My advice is either buy 3100 or save $20 and buy 3300X, and then save some money to buy Ryzen 4000 CPU later.
  2. Why did you buy B450? We don't know which one of the B450 can be updated to support Zen 3, and Asus is one of the companies who don't like the idea of B450 supporting Zen 3. So, good luck.
  3. You DEFINITELY cannot live with just 120GB SSD. Buy a bigger SSD and change the SATA SSD to PCIe 3.0 SSD. Trust me, I know how games are made, and you're going to appreciate this when future games come.

I’m planning to add a 2tb Hdd 7200rpm and another ssd don’t know what size I will need probably 500gb-1tb. Will that be good enough for my needs? Is the 1600af that bad? Someone told me 4 cores was outdate and to get the af because it has 6 cores.

Cere

Great
Jun 6, 2020
I’m planning to add a 2tb Hdd 7200rpm and another ssd don’t know what size I will need probably 500gb-1tb. Will that be good enough for my needs? Is the 1600af that bad? Someone told me 4 cores was outdate and to get the af because it has 6 cores.
Just a quick note since @IDProG covered most, if I were you I would spend a little more on fans and not buy those uphere fans. They are ok for workstations, but not for what you want to use it for. My suggestion is to get fans like the below:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KFCRATC/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
RGB Fans are great, but usually the RGB comes at a cost of either quality or cooling power. Also, you'll need to make sure you get the right fans for the right job as not all fans are created equally. some are made for exhaust, some made for intake. Here is a decent guide from Corsair to explain the differences:
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/blog/how-to-build-a-pc-selecting-case-fans

Reactions: gubby09
Mar 16, 2020
Just a quick note since @IDProG covered most, if I were you I would spend a little more on fans and not buy those uphere fans. They are ok for workstations, but not for what you want to use it for. My suggestion is to get fans like the below:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KFCRATC/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
RGB Fans are great, but usually the RGB comes at a cost of either quality or cooling power. Also, you'll need to make sure you get the right fans for the right job as not all fans are created equally. some are made for exhaust, some made for intake. Here is a decent guide from Corsair to explain the differences:
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/blog/how-to-build-a-pc-selecting-case-fans

Thank you that guide helped me a lot. Im think of getting 3 of those fans and using the a 1800rp fan I have has exhaust. Would that work?

Cere

Great
Jun 6, 2020
By theory it should. Once you install the fans, take an incense or something that creates smoke, and move it around the case. You should see that air only enters the case through the intake fans. If you have air being pulled in from other locations around the case, then you do not have enough of airflow from the intake to exhaust. same goes for if the smoke is being pushed away from case, then not enough air is being pulled through exhaust fans. It is ok for air to be pushed out through none areas that have exhaust fans, as long as it is not very excessive. But the one thing you absolutely do not want is air being pulled in from any place other then the intake fans. If this happens you're pulling dust into the case and it will cause issues down the road.
Also keep in mind that you can use the PSU to pull air out of the case and exhaust it this way. I tend to stay away from doing this, as you could overheat the PSU and burn it out quicker. Instead I usually have the PSU pull from under case and exhaust through back. It only works if your computer case is not sitting on thick carpet or anything that can obstruct the intake from the floor. If this is the case then definitely pull from the case. You'll just need to ensure that you're intaking enough to compensate for it.

Solution