[SOLVED] First Build But Have CPU Fan Error (POST)

Jan 31, 2019
i-5 8600k
Rog Strix Z370-E GAMING Mobo
RTX 2070
1gb ssd
32 ddr4 ram
Corsair H150i PRO aio

I have the h150i aio hooked up to sata and three fans hooked up to the aio splitter it came with. I have the 3pin connector to the cpu-fan header and tried it with the aio_pump header and got the same error. The corsair block lights up but the fans don't run and I get that error when i boot it. Anything else I can do it try differently?

Solution
Certainly could be. It's not powering the fans via the block, which it should.

Provided you have the fans secured to the splitter, are adequately powering the pump (via SATA) and have seated the cooler correctly, chances are pretty good the issue lies with the AIO/block itself.

Assuming this is new, I'd suggest a return to the retailer or RMA to the manufacturer.

Hopefully I'm missing something obvious, and someone else will correct me but, if the fans are working off of the header directly but not via the splitter, there's a problem.

You could just run the fans from the CPU_Fan, CPU_Opt etc, but if there's an underlying manufacturing defect, it's best to get that addressed/replaced.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
The fans are connected to the splitter on the pump?

If the fans are connected to the pump, and the pump is receiving power (from SATA), then they should certainly be spinning.

The CPU_Fan error is typically because nothing is detected. Are you sure you're connected to "CPU_Fan" and not "CPU_Opt"?

Jan 31, 2019

Yes they're connected and yes it was in CPU_Fan header, I tried to put it in aio header and got the same error message

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
If you connect the fans, or even A fan to the CPU_Fan header directly, does it spin up?
If not, then the problem likely sits with the header (try each fan to rule out a defect, of course).

If they do spin up in that situation, then you may have a defective AIO.

Jan 31, 2019

When I put a regular fan into the CPU_Header it spins on boot which mean it could be a faulty aio?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Certainly could be. It's not powering the fans via the block, which it should.

Provided you have the fans secured to the splitter, are adequately powering the pump (via SATA) and have seated the cooler correctly, chances are pretty good the issue lies with the AIO/block itself.

Assuming this is new, I'd suggest a return to the retailer or RMA to the manufacturer.

Hopefully I'm missing something obvious, and someone else will correct me but, if the fans are working off of the header directly but not via the splitter, there's a problem.

You could just run the fans from the CPU_Fan, CPU_Opt etc, but if there's an underlying manufacturing defect, it's best to get that addressed/replaced.

Solution
Jan 31, 2019

Alright I'll most likely return it and get a new one