First Build. Compatible Parts?

cp-church

Commendable
Jun 18, 2018
Hey all! I'm building a new PC for my church, and am looking to make sure the configuration I have is compatible. I'm planning on doing some upgrades in the future, and I'm purchasing some parts now. That's why some of these things may seem a bit overpowered.

CPU: Intel i7-7820X
Motherboard: ASRock X299 Extreme4
RAM: G.Skill 2x8GB (F4-2666C19S-8GNT)
Graphics Card: MSI GeForce GT 710
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
CPU Fan: Noctua NH-D15S
PSU: Corsair CX Series 450W (80 Bronze)
Optical: ASUS DRW-24B1ST

If I've made any slipup here, please let me know, or let me know if this looks like a stable build.

Thank you!

That PSU will not hold up in that system, especially after you start upgrading it.

Better to get a higher quality unit and 550W or 650W depending on what the upgrades will be.

Seasonic Focus Plus
EVGA G2 or G3
Corsair RMX

Motherboard/CPU are both out-of-the-ordinary overly expensive picks. AMD and Intel conventional current models are both better picks.

The i7-7820X is a difficult to cool CPU. Budget in a closed-loop liquid cooler at the very least to keep Core i7-7820X from throttling at stock frequencies. More aggressive overclocking requires more extensive liquid cooling.

cp-church

Commendable
Jun 18, 2018
Thank you all for your input. I ended up going with the configuration I had created with a heavier PSU.

yeti_yeti

Reputable
Apr 29, 2017

What kind of tasks will you be doing at your church?Unless you are into some seriously heavy-duty multitasking, that i7 might be an insane overkill and you are probably better off with a 150 dollar Ryzen/Coffee Lake cpu.