First build fit compatibility

Dec 9, 2018
As the title suggests, this is my first pc build and ive saved up quite a bit of money for this, which is why I'm nervous if all my parts will fit in the case and if there will need to be any compromises.
Specs:
Motherboard: MSI Z370-A Pro
CPU: Intel core I7 8700k 3.7 GHz
GPU: RTX 2070 Black
PSU: EVGA EuperNOVA 850G2
Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX6000
RAM: G Skill Aegis 32GB (2x16GB)
Cooler: Cooler Master MasterAir MA620P TUF Edition
Tower: Cooler Master MasterCase H500 ATX Mid-Tower
Any and all help would be absolutely appreciated, along with any suggestions for changes, if it helps, my budget is $1200 USD, thanks in advance. Sorry if I slightly messed up some part names, if you need more details, i can provide them

Solution
Hi Crunchy, that system you have picked out looks pretty nice. From what I can tell, your parts are all good to go. You're PSU is a standard ATX power supply and at 850watts should be more than enough to handle the GPU. Your MOBO has the correct chip set for your chosen CPU. Your GPU will slot in standard PCIe x 16 slots. Your cooler has the correct mounting brackets for the socket to allow it to work with your board. And your case can accept graphics cards up to around 16.00" long, while your GPU is only around 11". And your RAM is compatible with the MOBO as per the G Skill QVL readout. All in all, things should go together smoothly

Just looking at your cooler though, it seems its just 2mm shy of the what the Coolermaster says the...
Dec 9, 2018
I'm located in texas and the system will be used for intensive gaming. What do you mean I'm on ryzen? I listed an i7 processor. I realise I dont need so many watts in the psu, but I'm preparing for major upgrades in the near future, along with future proofing, dont want to have to upgrade every part when i just need to change 2, you know? By rtx 2070 black, i mean the gpu I'm getting is the rtx 2070 black edition, here is the link https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1437851-REG/evga_08g_p4_1071_kr_geforce_rtx_2070_black.html/?ap=y&gclid=Cj0KCQiApbzhBRDKARIsAIvZue-HDKwY0IWrcrGHR8ommfFsI1httXDl0H325waTMa_lAG3kU76FzwEaAinzEALw_wcB&smp=Y Also, I do still need to know if these parts will fit together and in the tower

theycallmechris

Prominent
Nov 14, 2018
Hi Crunchy, that system you have picked out looks pretty nice. From what I can tell, your parts are all good to go. You're PSU is a standard ATX power supply and at 850watts should be more than enough to handle the GPU. Your MOBO has the correct chip set for your chosen CPU. Your GPU will slot in standard PCIe x 16 slots. Your cooler has the correct mounting brackets for the socket to allow it to work with your board. And your case can accept graphics cards up to around 16.00" long, while your GPU is only around 11". And your RAM is compatible with the MOBO as per the G Skill QVL readout. All in all, things should go together smoothly

Just looking at your cooler though, it seems its just 2mm shy of the what the Coolermaster says the case can mount. CM says the case can handle 167mm coolers, and your selected on is 165mm, so it will be close. You'd probably have just over 1/16" of an inch between the top of the cooler and what I assume is the side panel (3mm is 1/8" for reference). That 165mm measurement is from the CPU contact pad to the highest point of the cooler, so I'd keep that in mind just to make sure that clearance isn't an issue.

Also, will you be doing work or content creation that will need 32gb of RAM? If not, you may be able to reduce that to 16gb of RAM and save a bit of money, as if it's just going to be for gaming 16gb is sort of the agreed upon sweet spot right now where it lets you do everything you want while not spending money on extra RAM you may not need. The extra money saved could be used to going towards slightly faster memory in the 3000-3200mhz range.

I was kind of nervous buying all the parts for my most recent PC as it was going to be my first dedicated gaming system, but I think as long as you've done your research and double and triple checked the parts you're going to get and confirmed that they'll work, you should be golden.

Solution