[SOLVED] First build from the ground up.

kimsgrim

Commendable
Dec 25, 2018
This is a first build from the ground up, have installed misc parts over the years, but never from scratch. so please go easy.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor

MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16

I was told the B450 had issues with the bios not being up to date, but has since been taken care of. My question is about the ram, PCpartspicker says it's compatible, a lot of other tech sites say there needs to be a manual adjustment of voltage.
So, will this ram be operational out of the box? If not, is there a similar set of memory that would work out of the box? The processor and motherboard are already bought, just unsure about the ram. Thanks in advance!

Solution
This is a first build from the ground up, have installed misc parts over the years, but never from scratch. so please go easy.

I was told the B450 had issues with the bios not being up to date, but has since been taken care of. My question is about the ram, PCpartspicker says it's compatible, a lot of other tech sites say there needs to be a manual adjustment of voltage.
So, will this ram be operational out of the box? If not, is there a similar set of memory that would work out of the box? The processor and motherboard are already bought, just unsure about the ram. Thanks in advance!

All MSI "Max" MBs are compatible with 3rd gen Ryzen and besides that, BIOS can be updated without compatible CPU.

Solution