FIRST BUILD, GAMING PC $1700 BUDGET! How can I make the most out of my money? PRO ADVICE NEEDED!!!

Mack244

Reputable
Jun 23, 2014
I got this rig made for overclocking, gaming, video editing, and streaming. I just need to make the most out of my money. I'm up for changes for the better. I'm willing to extend my budget to 1750 or so if ABSOLUTELY NEEDED. Alright here is the bad boy.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FHhhmG
Also for the keyboard and mouse I'm willing to change. I'm really looking forward to a black widow and adder. If there are better things I'll change if it's a way better use of the money.

Solution
Keep the PSU, even for one card it's better to have that decent PSU that you chose.

I'd give a massive thumbs up for the Asus Direct CU II aftermarket of the Geforce cards as the 20% better cooling provides headroom for overclocking or quiet operation and all around goodness... you'll spend some extra coin but it's worth it in the long run.

Maybe add some more RAM, if you can afford it. If you can't just stick wtih your original build and upgrade it later(Birthday present to self :D )

ImPrettyIrish

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2013
I changed a few things. It seemed like you were pretty excited about the mouse/keyboard so I'm not going to change it, but I will say that you get get a better mouse/keyboard for less. Anyways here she be:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($339.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus Z97-PRO ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($179.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($144.00 @ Newegg)
Storage: A-Data Premier Pro SP600 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($64.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 780 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card ($479.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Blackout with Window ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($95.23 @ NCIX US)
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1699.13
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

I gave you 16GB of RAM because you will be editing videos and that will help out... A LOT!

MightyBoyGaming

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014
Keep the PSU, even for one card it's better to have that decent PSU that you chose.

I'd give a massive thumbs up for the Asus Direct CU II aftermarket of the Geforce cards as the 20% better cooling provides headroom for overclocking or quiet operation and all around goodness... you'll spend some extra coin but it's worth it in the long run.

Maybe add some more RAM, if you can afford it. If you can't just stick wtih your original build and upgrade it later(Birthday present to self :D )

Solution