First build help. Budget around 700 to 800 euro

Jun 19, 2016
I play Ps4 and want to get into pc gaming. I've made this build minus a ssd and graphics card and I'm wondering if the I7 is necessary or if an i5 6600k would be the better choice . I'm hoping to achieve 1080 at ultra settings in most cases and some games inin 1440p. Any suggestions/help is much appreciated. https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Notaverycreativeusername/saved/ycPtt6
I live in Ireland so there's no location for me. The website says that it would cost 650 in Spain. Also I have an old monitor I could use until I get more money to buy a 1440 one

Solution
You can definitely rock the i5 6600k. It's a great CPU. You should get a better PSU tho. That PSU is very poor quality. ( some of theGood PSU brands: Seasonic,EVGA,Antec,XFX). Do you have a GPU in mind that you want to get?

Vetsku

Reputable
Oct 28, 2015
You can definitely rock the i5 6600k. It's a great CPU. You should get a better PSU tho. That PSU is very poor quality. ( some of theGood PSU brands: Seasonic,EVGA,Antec,XFX). Do you have a GPU in mind that you want to get?

Solution

iTank

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
The i5 would be a better option, no need to go for the i7 if you're gaming. Get two 4gb sticks of ram instead of one 8gb, it's faster because you then have dual channel. Think of it as two openings rather than one, so the flow will be better and therefor faster. I personally would ditch the ssd and get a 500gb or a terabyte hybrid disk drive. You can use that money saved for a better gpu. And the power supply you picked is good.

Vetsku

Reputable
Oct 28, 2015

Not agreeing with you on the power supply. It's a poor quality PSU and i wouldnt recommend it.

iTank

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013

What's wrong with corsair they are really reliable they are like top 3 along with antec, which you mentioned

Vetsku

Reputable
Oct 28, 2015

No, Corsair's PSU's, especially the CX series are very poor quality. The CX series PSU's are tier 4 PSU's. I would not ever recommend that psu and you can get higher quality power supplies with almost the same price.