First build, help

bailey_sg

Reputable
Oct 25, 2015
*First time on this site* Coming to the end of my new build but I've encountered a problem, I had nearly all the parts for my new gaming pc, except the graphics card, and storage, so i could only access the bios. Today my ssd came and so I expected to plug it in and install windows with my windows 10 usb, however when I plugged in the ssd my computer did not boot properly, the bios did not load(nothing on screen) and also no usb devices are getting power, the motherboard is on because I can see the led light on the buttons are light up, but the dial which displays the cpu temp is at 00 which suggests I have a problem with either the mobo or cpu, another issue is that once the pc is powered on I cannot turn it off with the case switch, it has to be turned off via psu, I thought maybe when I plugged in the SATA to the ssd I may have knocked a wire out of place, but I've gone over everything and cannot find the problem. Please help I'm not great with computers this is my first build.

Solution
Does your motherboard have a 2-digit display for errors? If so check the mobo's manual for whatever error code it displays. If it doesn't have a display, it will usually express errors by making multiple "beeps" while booting up, the number corresponding to the specific problem. Again check the manual for whatever that corresponds to.
Does your motherboard have a 2-digit display for errors? If so check the mobo's manual for whatever error code it displays. If it doesn't have a display, it will usually express errors by making multiple "beeps" while booting up, the number corresponding to the specific problem. Again check the manual for whatever that corresponds to.

Solution

bailey_sg

Reputable
Oct 25, 2015
I have no idea how to use this site on my phone, first I accidentlh down voted the only answer by scrolling down and then I accidently made it best answer when trying to figure out how to reply, there is a 2 digit code, it's displaying 00 which has no meaning according to the manual

bailey_sg

Reputable
Oct 25, 2015
Msi z170A m7 gaming, I have almost fixed the issue I think, some pins next to the motherboards usb power connector, labelled Jtpm1 were bent downward, I evened them out and booted again, now I've connected the ssd again and when I boot up I get a scramble of numbers on the debug code, it's at 99 for about 30 seconds then it goes to cpu tempera ture which is higher than usually(about 48) and sits around that with nothing displaying on screen

bailey_sg

Reputable
Oct 25, 2015
Ok so the numbers that flash are 19 55 35 60 9a 62 79 96, b2 for about 30 seconds, 99 for a short while, 48/49 switching between (I think this is cpu temp, higher than usual) screen comes on and displays message "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boit device and press a key" I pressed some random keys and nothing else happens.

Do you have an SSD/HDD with an installed OS connected to the motherboard and powered?

OK the codes on the display look normal. Make sure you have a working SSD/HDD with an installed OS powered and connected to the motherboard, then try to power on the PC.