First Build Help

gforce03

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016
Hi guys!

Putting together my first gig last night. Everything connected, I've connected it to a monitor and it seems to work, was able to get to BIO page. I do came across few questions I want to make sure before telling myself I'm done.

Case: Phanteks P400S
MB: ASRock X99 Extreme4 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (Currently connected 1VGA, 1MB, 1CPU, 2SATA)

1. The case came with two chassis fans, they were originally connected to a cable that splits into 3. I've unplugged them from the original cable and plug them on to my motherboard, the original cable with the 3 heads is just hanging there now, did i do something wrong or I can just tie that up?

IMG_1328.jpg

2. My PSU now have 3 extra cables that I haven't connect, one VGA (assume is for additional GPU), one SATA (already used two, which leads to my next question), one PERIF (which I have no clue what is it for? Can someone explain to me what it serves?), is this correct?

3. the SATA cable that came with the PSU splits into 3 again. For one cable I have fully connected 2 to my two separate 1TB HDD, 1 to my 12V Power LED). However, the one SATA cable, I have only connected 1 to my SSD and the other 2 heads are just hanging, is that ok?

IMG_1329.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Yes, parts should function with the other cables hanging away. Didn't quite understand the fan ones, I assume they're spinning, if so that's fine.

Not every cable was meant to be used, don't fret over unused cables unless components aren't showing up, then you didn't plug it in of course, likely.
Yes, parts should function with the other cables hanging away. Didn't quite understand the fan ones, I assume they're spinning, if so that's fine.

Not every cable was meant to be used, don't fret over unused cables unless components aren't showing up, then you didn't plug it in of course, likely.

Solution