Question First Build, need a experienced eye to check my parts

May 19, 2020
Hello, I have never built my own pc before I need to have someone who knows about this stuff to give me a reccomendation. I have thrown this together i currently have the video card and the power supply purchased already so i can not change those items.
I do not need anything fancy just something that will play the current AAA games for the next few years. Thank you in advance.

https://buildmypc.net/rigs/qoCpOf

Hello, I have never built my own pc before I need to have someone who knows about this stuff to give me a reccomendation. I have thrown this together i currently have the video card and the power supply purchased already so i can not change those items.
I do not need anything fancy just something that will play the current AAA games for the next few years. Thank you in advance.

Don't get Red but Blue WD HDD, it's more appropriate for home machine.
What do you need network card for, one is included on motherboard.
You also may not need sound card, MB has decent one included. Besides that, MB doesn't have enough slots to plug them in, what the heck would you do with them ?

Here is my suggestion:
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($172.39 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($79.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($118.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB VENTUS XS OC Video Card ($329.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Lian Li LANCOOL II-X ATX Mid Tower Case ($107.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $969.31
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-19 13:50 EDT-0400

Reactions: nexusvarity
Jul 9, 2020
in my opinion use a scythe fuma 2 cooler, cause its better and not expensive
loose the rgb ram and get something without rgb at the same speeds for cheaper
loose the sound card and network adapter
get a ryzen 3600 instead of the 2600
get a toshiba drive, those are more trustworthy now than WD, speed is not that important cause u will need an SSD for stuff you want to load faster.
and for the optical drive, you can't use it with most cases including the one you chose, either go for an external one or none.
get an ssd..nvme is cool but expensive, sata is cheaper but slower, both are much better than a hdd and buy 500-1tb if you really wanna have space to use it.