First build need help with picking and changing components

KermitTheFrog

Reputable
May 30, 2014
This is my first build that I have looked into the most. I already have the mobo, but I am looking for any flaws there might possibly be with the other components as well. I am having trouble with thinking about what case I should purchase as well. If there is going to be an issue with any components I would be happy to hear some criticization from anyone! I just want to have the best possible gaming pc for some graphics intensive games like BF or any open world type games. Thank you for any feedback you give!

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/KermitTheFrog/saved/jZQfrH

jhaydon81

Reputable
May 17, 2014
if your going with a dedicated graphics card your better off with a fx series processor I just build a gaming pc with an fx 8320 and used a Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard I really like the setup but if you have the extra money go with a 990fx chipset motherboard. The 5800k would be good if you weren't planning on going with a dedicated card. But that really depends if you can return your current board

KermitTheFrog

Reputable
May 30, 2014

So you are saying that I should look for a different CPU that would help with a dedicated card and that it would only best be achieved with a different board? Any suggestions?

KermitTheFrog

Reputable
May 30, 2014

I don't know how I feel about the Octo Core to be honest. I have been told so many times that getting more than 6 cores is complete overkill, but it would only be $50 more than what my original price would be. I just dont understand as to why I would need that octo though.

KermitTheFrog

Reputable
May 30, 2014

Im guessing you mean the quad core i5 as well as the radeon r9 280? If so could you possibly be more specific? I want to be able to compare some suggestions to see which is the best possible choice to take into consideration.

jhaydon81

Reputable
May 17, 2014
Reason I recommend the octo is for next gen games are going to be 8 cores but the i5 is a great processor for gaming I was bouncing between both of them and alphas right the ssd could be dropped and the 280 would make a bigger difference. Another one to consider is the fx-6300 is another one to consider.

Alpha3031

Honorable

We don't know, and even then, the i5 has similar, if not better perf :)

jhaydon81

Reputable
May 17, 2014
I think you will be a lot happier with that setup and you could always add the ssd later. As far as a case goes really depends what your looking for in looks and how much you want to spend cable management is important the one I ended up getting was the versa h23 and it's the only thing I would of changed on my build because I would like to add more fans and it only has space for 3.