Question First build not posting

Aug 17, 2019
Hi, first time builder here. I recently tried building my first pc and at first everything worked out. The fans started spinning all the lights turned on and it even sounded like the aio started working but when i plugged it in to a monitor there was no signal. I also heard a really short beep sound that at first was low pitch and then became quite high pitched. I also hear a short zap when i hold the power button to turn it off. Does anyone know what the problem could be and how to fix it? Thanks!
Part list:
Ryzen 3700x
Rtx2070
Asus prime x470 pro
Corsair h100i platinum se
16gigs 3200mhz Corsair vengeance pro rgb

Last edited:
First things first...

Most X470 boards in the pipeline will likely require BIOS updates (recent BIOS update within last 5 weeks) to work with the relatively new 3rd gen 3700X...

That's the first place to start...
(do you have access to a 1rst or 2nd gen Ryzen, which could then be temporarily used to flash your BIOS?)

Aug 17, 2019
First things first...

Most X470 boards in the pipeline will likely require BIOS updates (recent BIOS update within last 5 weeks) to work with the relatively new 3rd gen 3700X...

That's the first place to start...
(do you have access to a 1rst or 2nd gen Ryzen, which could then be temporarily used to flash your BIOS?)

Unfortunately I don't have access to an older gen cpu. Is there any other sulution?