FIRST BUILD :) - PC Boot but monitor no signal

NoahS38

Commendable
Jun 20, 2016
Hi guys!

First of all let me start off with my parts:

-Intel Core I3-6100 3.7GHz
-MSI H110M Pro-VD Micro ATX LGA1151
-Kingston HyperX Fury (1 stick of 8g so i can expand)
-Kingston SSDNow V300 series
-Gigabyte GeForce GTX 950
-EVGA 500w 80+ ATX Power Supply
-TP-Link TL-WN881ND
-Asus VS228H-P (monitor)

So here is my problem:

I've built my pc in an old case i found in my basement. Everything fits fine and boots up when i power on. The only thing is that my monitor is showing no signal (DVI connection btw).

I've done some research and everyone is saying to reset cmos with the jumpers but i can't find it on my motherboad and i'm not even sure it has one!!!

I took out the cmos battery though and left it for 30 mins and then put it back on.

Everything looks to be well connected, I tried to move my DVI cable to the graphics card and back to the motherboard but nothing changed.

I left it to rest overnight (with the covers on) and retried it today. No changes

I also tried moving my ram from 1 slot to the other (1 stick of ram and only 2 slots) but the problem is persisting.

Everything is working fine, the fans are on, motherboard lights on top blink at start (not sure what they mean), cpu checked for bent pins (none found) and reinstalled stock cooler.

Ps: motherboard doesn't make beeping sound

Hope someone can help me out here :)

Solution
Hi everyone :) Thank you for your feedback but the problem ended up fixing itself. I let my pc rest for 2 days without touching it and then proceeded to remving the gpu, ram and cmos battery once moreand cleaning them out to make sure dust was not the issue and everything booted up great!!! now im enjoying the high speeds and the awesome graphics that come with the life of a pc gamer

NoahS38

Commendable
Jun 20, 2016
Hi everyone :) Thank you for your feedback but the problem ended up fixing itself. I let my pc rest for 2 days without touching it and then proceeded to remving the gpu, ram and cmos battery once moreand cleaning them out to make sure dust was not the issue and everything booted up great!!! now im enjoying the high speeds and the awesome graphics that come with the life of a pc gamer

Solution

TRENDING THREADS