[SOLVED] First build, PC cannot be turned off with power button

Jul 9, 2020
It's my first build. I got everything but GPU, so I want to test everything else.
All seems working, only issue is that once I turn the system on with power button, I cannot turn it off by holding the power button.
Did I connect anything wrong? Thanks!

MB: TUF x570
Case: Lian Li O11D

Solution
Unplug all the drives (SATA cables), unplug the mouse & KB, and any other peripherals you might have plugged in... turn on the PC, let it get to the error message on screen, and then see if holding the button lets you shut down.
Jul 9, 2020
Not sure why you'd want to turn off your PC that way, but sometimes it takes several seconds for the response. How long were you holding the button in?
I can turn off by turning off PSU directly I guess and I am okay with that not work. But I am more worried about that does it mean I connect something wrong or something is defected if it suppose to work.
It won't turn off even if i hold it for minutes.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Unplug all the drives (SATA cables), unplug the mouse & KB, and any other peripherals you might have plugged in... turn on the PC, let it get to the error message on screen, and then see if holding the button lets you shut down.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS