[SOLVED] First build problems

Sep 27, 2020
with the icue dashboard it show a temp reading on temp5 = 60c, and on temp11 = 90c. just on idle or normal internet usage no gaming. sometimes it will be lower by about 5-10 deg but not higher. i thought for sure thats just junk icue software so i loaded and checked with hwmonitor. shows the same(unfortunately). also the voltage it shows for the cpu (VID#0 thru VID#5) bounce from 1.063v to 1.412v to 1.444v all together at the same time.

asus rog strix b550-f wifi
ryzen 5 3600x (stock air cooler)
corsair 16g 3200
evga 2060 ko
650w (80+bronze powespec), inland sleeved cables for psu

Solution
tmpin4 and tmpin8 are what i am concerned about
Most likely HWmon is confused. For example, It is reporting 2 x tmpin5 and 2 x tmpin8 sensors. I doubt you have anything to worry about, but there's no way to be sure or for me to tell which of those 8 tmp inputs go where and which are in use and which are unused... relaying useless info.

Maybe Asrock has a temp app you can download that will be more helpful. Or maybe drop a msg to ASrock and ask them.

Was that screenshot taken when the system was idle or under load?
Sep 27, 2020
(thanks for responding)
thats part of my problem. im asuming those are temperature sensors on the board but i dont know where there located so not sure what to look for. i didnt know if it was normal for those voltages to change that much when the only thing running was me on this site. sorry, my first time trying to build a computer.

Sep 27, 2020
pHPnExy.jpg

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
tmpin4 and tmpin8 are what i am concerned about
Most likely HWmon is confused. For example, It is reporting 2 x tmpin5 and 2 x tmpin8 sensors. I doubt you have anything to worry about, but there's no way to be sure or for me to tell which of those 8 tmp inputs go where and which are in use and which are unused... relaying useless info.

Maybe Asrock has a temp app you can download that will be more helpful. Or maybe drop a msg to ASrock and ask them.

Was that screenshot taken when the system was idle or under load?

Solution