Building my first PC, and ran into a problem. Here is my build specs:

Asus Z690-Plus Wifi D4
Intel i7 12700K
Corsair (2x16Gb) CMH32GX4M2E3200C16W
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB
Corsair RM850
MSI 3060ti
BIOS Version: 1720 (August 2022)

I initially replaced the motherboard thinking there was a problem with the B slots, but alas I'm having the same issue I started with. When I place a 2nd stick of RAM into the machine, I get a DRAM error light (Amber QLED). The machine seems like it reboots a few times, eventually stops. When I tried to reset CMOS (unplug the machine, short the jumper, etc) the machine doesn't try rebooting it just goes straight to a DRAM error. I've tried each stick individually and that works, the issue is when I try to add the second stick. My overclocking options are off, and I've tried this with and without XMP enabled. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Nov 25, 2022
Just an update..

I tried a new set of RAM, and I'm getting the same exact error. I can get the machine to boot if I put both of the sticks in A1 & A2, but I cannot boot if a stick is in a B slot. I know the manual recommends A2/B2 combo, which of course does not work. I tried resetting the CMOS in between as well, as well as enabling/disabling XMP again.

New RAM is 2x16GB CMK32GX4M2E3200C16 (Corsair Vengeance LPX).

Nov 25, 2022
Ugh! Microcenter is completely out of this deal, I'm not sure if they'll swap just the cpu, but I'll try. Definitely has been a frustrating week trying to get this working. told myself I'd play some games over Thanksgiving break... yea right! thanks for the help..