[SOLVED] First Build Ryzen 9\3070 Feedback?

Dec 8, 2020
Hello! I am new to the forum and I will be using this first build of mine to both play FPS like COD and will be video editing. I realize there are always better parts and newer or different hardware. My question is, will be be able to comfortably enjoy 2k gaming and video editing on this?
Just need one more part to come in from Amazon 👍

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PYCqBc

Last edited:
Solution
I'd get a better PSU like this one, the TXM is decent but these are better:
Corsair RMx (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (CP-9020179-NA) - PCPartPicker
Or
SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (SSR-750FX) - PCPartPicker

And a better cooler like this one (or a similar 6 pipe cooler):
Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler (SCMG-5100) - PCPartPicker
or
be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler (BK022) - PCPartPicker

And I'd get 1 - 32 GB RAM kit instead of 2 - 16 GB kits.
Mixing kits (even if they are the same model) does Not always work.
G.Skill lists this kit as compatible with your motherboard and CPU:
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series...

M3rKn

Respectable
Nov 13, 2019
you will, but...

That cooler is no better than the stock cooler the R9 comes with. If you want more performance you will need a bigger cooler.

faster memory would be ideal - 3600

don't pay that much for a 3070, that GPU is eating up your budget if you have one (the market is trash right now but, if you have the money for it I can't argue with you)

why a SATA SSD? why not M.2?

power supply is barely cutting it, I would move up to 750-850

Reactions: RodroX

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
I'd get a better PSU like this one, the TXM is decent but these are better:
Corsair RMx (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (CP-9020179-NA) - PCPartPicker
Or
SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (SSR-750FX) - PCPartPicker

And a better cooler like this one (or a similar 6 pipe cooler):
Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler (SCMG-5100) - PCPartPicker
or
be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler (BK022) - PCPartPicker

And I'd get 1 - 32 GB RAM kit instead of 2 - 16 GB kits.
Mixing kits (even if they are the same model) does Not always work.
G.Skill lists this kit as compatible with your motherboard and CPU:
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory (F4-3200C16D-32GVK) - PCPartPicker

EDIT:
Sorry I just noticed that you already ordered those parts.
I would recommend you return the Cooler though and get a better one similar to what I linked to above.

And if mixing those 2 RAM kits gives you problems return them as well and look at the kit I linked to above.

And,
Yes you should easily handle 2k gaming and Video Editing with that rig.

Last edited:
Reactions: RodroX and dotas1
Solution
Dec 8, 2020
Thank you all! My brother is helping me with this and he said he fixed the memory issue already and we are going to keep the cooler 2000RPM BUT thanks to y’all I upgraded my power supply to a thermaltake 850w

Also! The gigabyte 3070 was only $600 for me 🤑- some of those parts on PCpicker are overpriced so i compared prices on my own.

Last edited:
Reactions: M3rKn
Dec 8, 2020
You should return the cooler. It's not better than the stock one.

What exact model of the thermaltake 850 you got? Thermaltake does not make good units but there are some exceptions

luckily the cooler is a cheap swap and the 850 is a gold certified ATX GF1 PE? Not sure what all that means

Last edited:
Reactions: dotas1

M3rKn

Respectable
Nov 13, 2019
Thank you all! My brother is helping me with this and he said he fixed the memory issue already and we are going to keep the cooler 2000RPM BUT thanks to y’all I upgraded my power supply to a thermaltake 850w

Also! The gigabyte 3070 was only $600 for me 🤑- some of those parts on PCpicker are overpriced so i compared prices on my own.
$600 is a much better price

M3rKn

Respectable
Nov 13, 2019
Okay boys

memory has been fixed to match 2 16gb
PSU has been upgraded to 850w
And I did just buy the be quiet 4 fan

thank you all for your help, hopefully this computer is ready to rip!

new build below (memories are a little diff tho)
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sJ7qBc

If you can I would still pick up at least a 250-500GB M.2 for your operating system, it will make your PC fly. While video editing if you find 32GB RAM is not enough your MOBO supports up to 128GB so that's an easy upgrade down the line. 😎