[SOLVED] First build, thoughts?

Sep 5, 2019
PCPartPicker Part List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/RGcVn7

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor (£130.38 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B450-I Gaming Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard (£135.40 @ Alza)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (£75.59 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Blue 250 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive (£43.43 @ CCL Computers)
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£35.97 @ PC World Business)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB GAMING Video Card (£272.41 @ Technextday)
Case: Thermaltake Core V1 Mini ITX Desktop Case (£43.48 @ Ebuyer)
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£54.00)
Case Fan: ARCTIC Arctic F8 PWM 31 CFM 80 mm Fan (£8.45 @ Amazon UK)
Case Fan: ARCTIC Arctic F8 PWM 31 CFM 80 mm Fan (£8.45 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £807.56
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-03 23:40 BST+0100

Solution
Honestly, it looks "ok".

Nothing glaring really except the fact that the fans you've chosen are extremely budget fans, won't have a long life expectancy and are not up to the level of quality of the rest of the build and the fact is that especially with a SFF or mITX build, cooling is of the UTMOST importance, so having quality fans is probably a REALLY GOOD idea. Those, are NOT quality fans.
Honestly, it looks "ok".

Nothing glaring really except the fact that the fans you've chosen are extremely budget fans, won't have a long life expectancy and are not up to the level of quality of the rest of the build and the fact is that especially with a SFF or mITX build, cooling is of the UTMOST importance, so having quality fans is probably a REALLY GOOD idea. Those, are NOT quality fans.

Solution
Sep 5, 2019
Honestly, it looks "ok".

I am actually going to go with 2 noctua NF-R8 Redux- 1800 PWM (80mm)

Reactions: brokeBuilder2019
That's fine for the exhaust fans. I assume you're planning to use the included 200mm fan in front?

Are you also intending to use the stock CPU cooler?

I don't see any other real "problems" with the rest of the hardware selection. The CX 2017 PSU is not the greatest quality, but it's not the worst either. I'd prefer to see a better PSU but you COULD do worse.

Sep 5, 2019
That's fine for the exhaust fans. I assume you're planning to use the included 200mm fan in front?

Are you also intending to use the stock CPU cooler?

I don't see any other real "problems" with the rest of the hardware selection. The CX 2017 PSU is not the greatest quality, but it's not the worst either. I'd prefer to see a better PSU but you COULD do worse.
Yes I am planning to use the wraith spire cooler included with the cpu and the 200mm fan included with the case

Should be good enough. You may find that the airflow exchange rate through the case is not sufficient for your CPU cooler given the tight quarters and minimal exhaust flow though. If so you might end up needing to look at other CPU cooler options at some point but I'd certainly TRY it with the stock cooler first if you do not wish to just get something better there from the start. Obviously, due to 140mm height limitations, a good low profile cooler is probably not going to be extremely budget friendly