[SOLVED] First Build w/ Son

May 4, 2020
I am working on a build for my son for a Gaming PC. I had built PC's in the past but it has been some time. - We got it all together but it will not complete a boot. It will try for a few seconds then just turn off and will try again. and will repeat

Our config is as follows:
AMD RYZEN 5 3600 6-Core 3.6 GHz
ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac AM4
OLOy DDR4 RAM 16GB (2x8GB) Warhawk Aura Sync RGB 3000 MHz
ASUS ROG Strix Radeon RX 580 O8G Gaming OC Edition
256 GB ssd
2TB HD
700w PSU

once switch to PSU is turned on, the MB RGB lights turn on to a light green white or blue light. Sorry, I am color blind. then it begins to flash a few times red the pulses red after. on the initial few times when turning the PC on the lights on the memory turn on. CPU fan spins but slows then one of the two chassis fans turns on. the lights on the GPU turn on but the fans do not. the system tries to turn on but never makes it into the bios and turns off after a few seconds and then tries again. keeps repeating.

I reset power connectors, and memory also and tried even with one memory stick and switched them out. Tried without GPU - still no help.

I took out the battery to reset the BIOS and now the CPU fan is spinning faster and both chassis fans are spinning - GPU fans still have not come on.

I need help if at all possible. Feel bad my son has been looking forward to this and we spend a couple of hours together putting it together last night. he's 14 you know how it is.

Solution
You need a CPU that works with early BIOS version. Install that.
Go to download page for motherboard BIOS, See if you can determine the current BIOS version. Procede to flash newer BIOS versions one by one. Go into Windows after each BIOS flash to test. Follow any special instructions. When you flash latest version you can reinstall your 3600.
You need a CPU that works with early BIOS version. Install that.
Go to download page for motherboard BIOS, See if you can determine the current BIOS version. Procede to flash newer BIOS versions one by one. Go into Windows after each BIOS flash to test. Follow any special instructions. When you flash latest version you can reinstall your 3600.

Solution