First build won't start, fans not spinning, no beeps, and gpu not spinning but MOBO lights are turned on

esteban.t97

Prominent
Oct 2, 2017
I already tried all the methods and nothing works, I double-checked all the cables, checked if the PSU is working, and all seems to be fine.
Parts:
motherboard : asus prime b350-plus
Cpu: amd ryzen 3 1200
Case: Acteck Davos
Ram : G.skill ripjaws V 8GB DDR4 CL17
Psu: EVGA 430W
Video card: Geforce GTX 1050

Solution
after the cables are right if there no post. check the bios rev of the mb on asus it the last 4 number of the serial number of the mb. see if the rev of the bios will boot that cpu. if it will and there no post. take the mb out see if it was dead shorted. if there no post try another power supply.

esteban.t97

Prominent
Oct 2, 2017

there are many cables im not using but i have connected the 24 pin for the power, the CPU, the SSD and thats it.

after the cables are right if there no post. check the bios rev of the mb on asus it the last 4 number of the serial number of the mb. see if the rev of the bios will boot that cpu. if it will and there no post. take the mb out see if it was dead shorted. if there no post try another power supply.

Solution

mickrc3

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2016

Did you connect the aux 8 pin power connector? Or does a Ryzen 3 not need one?
The SSD does not need to be connected during a power-on test.

Mar 24, 2022
Looks like you probably forgot to connect the 4 (or 8) pin connector that goes from the PSU to motherboard. Please double check and report back.

I have the exact same issue : lights on the board, nothing else - no beep with an attached speaker, no fans on and two red lights next to the 16x PCI slots on.
Power supply 24 and 8 pin are connected, which is needed normally on my processor.
I tried:
  • change power supply - tested original too, both good - no change
  • changed processor - no change
  • pulled out memory / tried other memory slot - tested memory : ok - changed with other - no change
  • reset CMOS according to Asus procedure - no change
  • reset CMOS by REMOVING BATTERY and holding for like 30s - BAM! - worked again

This motherboard is terrible, it happened many times that it went dead and a normal CMOS reset would do it - which is annoying by itself.
This time I thought it was dead, but someone on another forum described to do the above.
Note that I just unplugged the power supply, then shorted the power pins to drain energy that was left, I did not remove it from the board.
Then remove CMOS battery, reseated RAM too, then hold short on reset pins on board for about 30s.
Then replug power and it went on by itself.

I hope this helps anyone, I would not buy this board, never had these kind of issues with any other board.