Dec 14, 2019
Hello there,
I'm building my first pc with the following configuration:
Asus P8P67 rev. 3.0 motherboard.
Intel core i5 3570k.
Asus rx570 4gb.
Cooler master masterliquid 120l
16 GB ram ddr3 1600mhz
Gigabyte gc-wb1733d-i (wireless/Bluetooth)
SSD 1tb "goldenfir" (AliExpress!!!) :D
PSU Xilence 500w 80+ gold
+ 5 fans to keep the case cool.

Do you guys think that it will work out smoothly when put all together? Is that power supply enough? It says gold 80+ or something. Last question: I have an old hp monitor, it was a docking monitor to connect laptops. Do you guys think it will work as a desktop monitor? The model is hp l2311c. Let me know what you guys think. Cheers.

Last edited:
Solution
We are talking about a 8 year old chipset and cpu here. I personally would only use it if you get it for dirt cheap or at best for free.

And you really should get a psu of a reputable brand like corsair, evga, seasonic etc. You rig is worth nothing if your power delivery is unreliant or dangerous at worst case.

EndEffeKt_24

Commendable
Mar 27, 2019
We are talking about a 8 year old chipset and cpu here. I personally would only use it if you get it for dirt cheap or at best for free.

And you really should get a psu of a reputable brand like corsair, evga, seasonic etc. You rig is worth nothing if your power delivery is unreliant or dangerous at worst case.

Reactions: Quelhas
Solution
Dec 14, 2019

Most of these things I had for ages, some I brought on the cheap side (like ssd). Cooler is new, ram is new, also the wireless card and fans. PSU I took from a friend, but maybe is better to get a Corsair 600w. What about the monitor? Cheers