First Build_$900 Budget

kramNAVILLUS

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date:The sooner the better

Budget Range:$800-900 before rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming (Diablo 3, SC2, GW2)

Parts Not Required: Need everything except speakers

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: No preference

Parts Preferences: None

Overclocking: Not at this point

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution:No preference

Additional Comments: Want build that will be able to play GW2 well. Ultra high settings are not a concern.

This is my first build and honestly do not know really much about gaming specs and all that. Would like to know whether this setup is compatible across the board and if certain componenets limit the performance of other components. Also, if there are any improvements (somewhat understand cpu/gpu) or suggestions to make this build more efficient let me know. Go ahead and be blunt if I did something stupid, and let me know what I did wrong and why.

Budget is between $800-900. Currently at $830 w/ everything I need.

Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ibXs

malbluff

Honorable
Whilst you say you don't wish to overclock, at the moment, the H77 motherboard won't allow you to, at all. I suggest changing mobo to ASRock z75 Pro3. Alternatively, if you don't want to overclock, in future, you could keep mobo, and save money with a locked processor, like i5-3450.
Power supply is adequate. Particularly if you are keeping overclocking, consider (not NECESSARY) up-ing to 500w, to give yourself a bit of scope.
Whilst you don't NEED more powerful GPU, at the moment, it may be worth considering a slightly more powerful GPU, to see you a little way, into future.

kramNAVILLUS

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012

Thanks for the info. I am more of a casual gamer, and doubt i'd be overclocking anytime soon, so at this point i'm building to get the job done with thoughts of upgrading a ways down the road. For the power supply and the GPU I'll probably stick to what I have unless something radically changes my mind within the next few days. Thanks for the info on the mobo.

kramNAVILLUS

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
At this point I have ordered most of my parts.. So considering what I have, will I need a CPU cooler? Seems when i've red on construction of the pc they are mentioning the CPU cooler, and that it is very important. But looking at my build, I don't have one.. Is this something I should look into?

Thanks in advance.