First built pc, boots but no signal to monitor

abovito99

Prominent
Dec 24, 2017
Hi, as the title suggests. I could use some help.

My build:

fractal design focus g
asus prime b350-plus
amd ryzen 3 1300x
NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050Ti 4 GB
Ballistix Sport LT 8GB Kit(2x4)
evga 600w white
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" HDD
AOC G2460VQ6

I will not use a SSD and I will use an external optical drive to install the OS.

My problem is that I just built this pc, but my monitor doesn't get a signal. I tried another monitor with a VGA connection, but that didn't work either.

I double checked if everything was connected, I only have 2 connectors unplugged which say WST on them. It's supposedly from some LED, but I'm not entirely sure. Everything else though, is connected.

I was reading other people's topics who had the same problem as me. I tried some of the solutions posted by some people, like booting the system with only 1 memory, but it didn't work. I made sure to have the memory cards properly connected. But still no result.

Some people mentioned that your motherboard will make a beeping sound to indicate it's working when you turn it on. But mine doesn't make that sound, but I'm not sure if every motherboard does that. I hope mine doesn't...

There are only 2 conclusions I'm able to draw here. One is that I damaged my motherboard somehow. The other is that I screwed up on the connectors.

Everything seems to run though when they receive power from my PSU, so the latter seems unlikely.

Even so, I hope someone can show me the light here, because I'm sitting in utter darkness right now.