First Computer Help, Power turning on and off!!!

PlzHelpNeedIt

Commendable
Nov 23, 2016
Today i built my first computer. It took me like 4 hours but it is completed. I did try one test at the start of me plugging in only the motherboard, graphics card, and cpu (with cpu cooler of course) into my monitor. All it did was turn on and stay on with the monitor not connecting. The monitor just switched between analog and hdmi. I thought that it was a small problem with the hdmi cable i was using and continued. Once it was done, i turned it on, grabbed a new hdmi cable and, plugged it in. All it did was turn on and off, motherboard lighting up, GPU lighting up, case fans lighting up, for 6 seconds then turn off, it did this over and over again. The monitor was the same story as before, except now after 3 minutes of switching, it just turns off. Could it be a CPU overheating problem? Any help?

watrhous

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2013

Maybe you need a graphics card to see the video. You need to tell us what is the motherboard model, CPU model and so forth.

PlzHelpNeedIt

Commendable
Nov 23, 2016

I have the graphics card in now, GPU: GTX 1070 FTW, Motherboard: Gigabyte LGA1151 Intel Z170 ATX DDR4 Motherboards GA-Z170X-UD5, CPU: Intel i7 6700k, Power Supply: Corsair 750w, RAM: 16gb. If you need to know anything else, just ask for it, thanks for your response. UPDATE: computer now works (ram needed to be moved, now my monitor still isn't working

watrhous

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2013

make sure you have your monitor plugged into the graphics card and not the mainboard.