First Computer - No Display

drwhykk

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
Hello,

I am building my first PC this chrismas. Have encountered a few problems I was hoping to get help with.

Here's what I have:

Asrock z68 Extreme 4 MOBO
Seventeam 850w V-Force PSU
GeForce GTX 260
Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB)
i5-2500k

I have hooked up everything as well as possible based on the instructions but here's the problem I am encountering:

My GFX Card won't power on, I see no display. even when I plug into the DVI slot on the actual Mobo instead of Card. I'm not sure if I missed a connection somewhere or am not giving it enough power. All my fans turn on, my HD turns on (at least I hear it), my processor fan turns on. But that's it.

I have included a picture to hopefully help illustrate my problem. Is this me missing something or a Mobo problem?

Thank you for your help! :hello:

phototao.jpg
[/URL]

Shape

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
Remove the GFX card then plug into the DVI slot on the motherboard see if that works.

Also check if you installed the memory to banks 1 and 2. Based from your picture you may have installed it in banks 1 and 3 or 2 and 4.

drwhykk

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
Shape,

Thank you for the quick response. The RAM is is banks 1 and 2, it may just look weird because of alternating colors. I removed the GFX card and connected to DVI slot on mobo, still no display at all.