First Drop Exploit

mark

I've recently started playing on West again, and I've set aside my aversion
to MFing, so as to get an item base established ASAP. I've got a Blizz Sorc
who is currently running NM Mephy and I would like a clarification on the
'first drop' bug.

Do you:
* Start a game with a character who has completed the quest, then kill the
boss with a character who has not.
* Start a game with a character who has not completed the quest, and kill
the boss with one who has.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury

Mark a écrit :

> * Start a game with a character who has completed the quest, then kill the
> boss with a character who has not.
you won't get first drop (and your character won't get the quest either)

> * Start a game with a character who has not completed the quest, and kill
> the boss with one who has.
That is the way to go

"Denis Renard" <drr@free.fr> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Mark a écrit :
>
> > * Start a game with a character who has completed the quest, then kill
the
> > boss with a character who has not.
> you won't get first drop (and your character won't get the quest either)
>
> > * Start a game with a character who has not completed the quest, and
kill
> > the boss with one who has.
> That is the way to go

There is exception: If you speak to a NPC right after you killed andariel,
the game resets the quest drop. Which means: you can kill her over and over
again and always get quest drops :eek:)

Walt

--
-------------
Europe SC non-ladder

Denis Renard wrote:
> Mark a écrit :
>
> > * Start a game with a character who has completed the quest, then
> > kill the boss with a character who has not.
> you won't get first drop (and your character won't get the quest
> either)
>
> > * Start a game with a character who has not completed the quest,
> > and kill the boss with one who has.
> That is the way to go

And I have read it exactly the other way round, but have never had the
wish to experiment with it.

--
AGD2 FAQ: http://www.gunde.de/diablo2/agd2faq.html

"Gundemarie Scholz" <spamyousilly@inbox.ru> wrote in message
> Denis Renard wrote:
> > Mark a écrit :
> >
> > > * Start a game with a character who has completed the quest, then
> > > kill the boss with a character who has not.
> > you won't get first drop (and your character won't get the quest
> > either)
> >
> > > * Start a game with a character who has not completed the quest,
> > > and kill the boss with one who has.
> > That is the way to go
>
> And I have read it exactly the other way round, but have never had the
> wish to experiment with it.
>
> --

I always thought that the person that needed the quest had to be in that
Act, but I really have no clue. Never thought about looking up any info
about it either.

short

short a écrit :

> I always thought that the person that needed the quest had to be in that
> Act, but I really have no clue.

The point is not to get the quest but to get first drops from an act
boss. When you kill a boss for the first time, it *may* drop better
stuff. When you are mfing, it doesn't hurt :)

To get quest in a multiplayer game (when rushing a char), that is
another story. To rush a char, you need an uberchar (the rusher) and
normal chars that need the quest (rushee).

1) make sure the rushee (not the rusher) creates the game.

2) bring all chars (rusher + rushee(s)) in this game and party.

3) have the rusher go the boss' place and open a portal for a rushee.

4) bring a rushee through the portal (other rushee's may stay anywhere
in the SAME act usually in town)

5) the rushee has to be nearby the boss (say within a screen) when the
boss gets killed by the rusher. The rushee doesn't need to be alive
(press escape AFTER the boss is dead).

6) boss killed by rusher with a rushee nearby = everybody in party gets
quest (even if they stay safely in town)

mark

"Gundemarie Scholz" <spamyousilly@inbox.ru> wrote in message

>> > * Start a game with a character who has completed the quest, then
>> > kill the boss with a character who has not.
>> you won't get first drop (and your character won't get the quest
>> either)
>>
>> > * Start a game with a character who has not completed the quest,
>> > and kill the boss with one who has.
>> That is the way to go
>
> And I have read it exactly the other way round, but have never had the
> wish to experiment with it.

Damn, I've heard it both ways too. Does anyone have the definitive answer?
Or at least a tie breaker?

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury

Mark a écrit :
> "Gundemarie Scholz" <spamyousilly@inbox.ru> wrote in message

>>>you won't get first drop (and your character won't get the quest
>>>either)

>>>That is the way to go
>>
>>And I have read it exactly the other way round, but have never had the
>>wish to experiment with it.
>

> Damn, I've heard it both ways too. Does anyone have the definitive answer?
> Or at least a tie breaker?
>
> Regards-
> Mark
>
> Bongo-Fury

A. It is pretty easy to test number #2 (no pun intended).

1) Create a new char and make a new normal game with it
2) Join this game with an uberchar
3) (optional) Have the new char leave game
4) Go kill Andariel in Act 1 with uberchar
5) dead Andariel will open for you a portal to town therefore first time
kill and first drop

To be sure
1) create a new game with uberchar
2) go kill Andariel: no town portal therefore no first drop

B. For number #1, it is harder as you need to have a char able to kill
Andariel.

One (fun?) way on BNet: create a game like "Baal for quest" with an
uberchar (so it has already killed Baal). Wait for people needing the
quest to join. Go kill Baal with them. Nobody will get quest :(

I admit that I assume that "Dead Andariel opens town portal" equals
"First drop from Andariel" as I have no rational way to differentiate
between "First drop" and "(very) good not first drop".

When I do good drop hunting in Hell, I always create the game with a
rushed level 3 mule, which has not completed any quest in Hell.

"phil" <google@donotcall.cjb.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I believe this has been patched (unfortunately).

I don't think so or maybe they tried but did not succeed :eek:)

Anyway, she drops quite good for me on my mf-runs (nm and hell).

Walt

--