First Dual monitor Setup Failed!!! with FX5700

My first dual monitor setup, Din't work!!! Does Nvidia FX5700 support
dual monitor setup, with Windows XP Prof?

The setup

Primary monitor: Sony CRT Trinitron: E500
Secondary Monitor: HP CRT P1130
(Will interchange these at a later point, P1130 is much better than
the E500, both are equally heavy).

I will be running both monitors at 1800x1440@75Hz. Mostly for text,
VS7, may be some gaming (not so important), video editing, etc. Pretty
basic stuff.

I just bought an Nvidia FX5700 by Gigabyte. The card has VGA out,
DVI-out, S-Video out, and a DVI to VGA connector. Works fine with a
single monitor (tried both monitors individually), also either VGA-out
or DVI-out (+ DVI-VGA convertor) work fine individually.

Connecting both at the same time, gives a device failure. Windows
boots and logs on, and after a few seconds it gives a device failure,
at this point the resolution is 640x480, 4bpp. What am I doing wrong?

I tried installing the latest drivers from the Gigabyte website!!!
(There is a firmware upgrade, dint do it, haven't messed with the
floppy drive in years, it dint work when I last tried it.)

Reading some posts here, it seems like a video card needs to have dual
RAMDAC to support dual monitors? Not sure if this card has it. Can any
one please suggest a decent card that supports a stable dual monitor?
How is the Radeon 9600XT (a refurbished is on sale @newegg @a very
good price, I have always used ATI in the past, AIW 7500 was my very
recent card, but there is no dual monitor support in it).

Thanks very much.

The motherboard is Asus dual A7M266-D, with 2 Athlon MP 1900+, and 1GB
RAM, 4X-AGP.

I went with the ATI Radeon 9600XT from Sapphire. The card works great.
Should have been with ATI in the first place. ATI's dual monitor
support seems good. I am using only the extended mode. Both monitor
are at 1800x1440@70Hz

Applications seem to remember which monitor they were in the last
session, so they open on the appropriate monitor.

btw, NVidia seems to have nice software nView, with good multi-monitor
setup. Could be that the FX5600Pro I bought was faulty.