First Elder Scrolls Online Content Update 'Craglorn' Detailed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoredErica

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007
I think every single ESO news item every put out will always have a line of people complaining about the cost instead of talking about what's actually in the article.

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
Yeah, what about fixing all the broken quests before shipping out new buggy stuff?

And the account issues. People getting banned for Gold-selling left and right even though their gold is legitimate (moving gold to alt for example can get you banned). Then theres the fact they charge you 15$ as soon as you try to play the game.
And those who bought imperial edition are still waiting on their copy of the game, a week later!

Just read their forums. The whole thing is a mess.

elexor

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
Even without the launch issues, the game isn't even a mmo, more like a singleplayer skyrim with boring unresponsive combat and spammy zerg pvp.

"...Zenimax has wasted no time in announcing the MMO's first free content update..."

Free if you pay for the initial $60 buy-in and $15 a month:

1st year: $60+(12x$15)=$240
Subsequent years: $180
3-years of playing ESO: $600

Definitely not a free update.

This is a brilliant pricing scheme. Must be a game like no other. These guys and the WoW people at Blizzard really know how to squeak the cash out of people.

I guess you could consider content updates like a new game to be paid for, but to me, with these games you're just doing the same tasks over and over in different locations with different enemies; find 5 x and return to person x for reward or kill x and return to person x for reward.

To me, it seems more enjoyment with these games comes from the social aspect between you and other players. You'd hope the subscription fee would keep most trolls out, but it doesn't always seem to.

I think this game has the best graphics of any MMORPGs I've seen, but playing the beta I found it was much like other MMORPGs with regard to game content.

ya right

Reputable
Apr 9, 2014
is glad games like Path of exile and Neverwinter are still free to play !

as a fan of the elder scrolls, lost my appetite for the series after playing sky-rimjob :/

empty lifeless lump of dragon poop, eso sounds like they took the grafix and lore and thats it stirred it into the rimjob engine and served up a hot steaming loaf of turd.

but then it's no surprise wen you change the team that made the good stuff for people who make pretty stuff with no substance.

Morbus

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
It seems to me Bethesda have some weird notion that if they go subscription-free they'll somehow deserve (and get) less attention from the crowd, because, somehow, the game would be "just another subscription-free MMO".

What they fail to realize is that their game will be "just another MMO" because it's crap, uninspired shovel-ware. The pricing will only make things worse.

They haven't made a good game since Daggerfall, and even then it was buggy as hell, and, of course, developed by a completely different team.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
Somebody has no life, level 50 already only a few days into the beginning of the game? That is pretty much non stop grinding because after level 10 things get real slow on leveling. I only played the beta and I have no desire to be one of the herd. I prefer my Elder Scrolls games to treat me like the hero and not an asset and one of many.

Bondfc11

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
YAAAAAA! FREE UPDATES! FREE PATCHES! (oh wait I am paying through the nose like I did with World of WarCrack). Hmmmm, I guess it's true nothing in life - or gaming - is truly free.

Bondfc11

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
Hi my name is Bondfc and I was addicted to World of Warcrack for years. My addiction led to many all night binges, fights with my spouse, I even missed 4 of my kids' birthday partys for crack raids. I am happy to say I have been WoWcrack free for 3 years now and will never make another click in anger in that world. I think the federal government needs to step in and stop Blizzard from continuing to add new, interesting content to the game making young and old alike (who also are WoWcrack free) feel a need to "just try it one more time." Luckily, I know where that can lead and I promised myself, my family, and my God to never do that again.

Hi, my name is Bondfc and today I am WoWcrack free.

:lol:

Morbus

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013

Yeah, you can't see we didn't warn you...

aule10

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
Didn't this JUST get released?
Yes and it is really good that they put in a patch, because the game is so buggy, i can't recommend anyone play this game.

And for those there have same illness as me, where you get sick by playing in a low FOV, the game can be an unpleasant experience after playing in First person, and after playing some times in third person. They did promise an FOV slider, I hope they put it in, in that patch. but i don't get my hopes up.

The combat is also unresponsible, and it is simple and still compleks, and it does not work.

My conclusion is, this game at this state, is not worth the money, wait 2 years to get them to ironing out the game.

They have made a singleplayer game with MMO in it, and it does just not work.

aule10

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
Ohh yes i forgot to complain about quest rewards. You don't get to choose, and that means that the game decide for you, how you should play the game, and as far as i have seen the rewards is the same no matter what class you are. That is not acceptable. If i want to play battle mage, with 2 hands weapon and heavy armor, I should be able to do that, when you give me the option to do that. And that also means, that the quest rewards, should have several choices and not just one, and one there don't change at all.

rrcottin

Reputable
Apr 11, 2014
A lot of potential but, hideous bugs right now. Banks vanishing, upgrades vanishing, broken quests (in main quest line), broken dungeons. Customer service, in my opinion, is pretty darn poor. Personally, I would avoid this game until/if they get their act together.

TyrOd

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013
The comment section here is just hilarious.
Somebody complaining that Betheda hasn't made a good game since Daggerfall(30 million people who bought TES 3,4,5 disagree with you)
...another series of people complaining about the pay model even though they are getting the equivalent of full WoW size expansions every 6 months with no box fee
...people complaining about class selection and not getting the gear you want, even though class abilities are <15% of your possible skills and you can literally craft and wear ANY gear you want with no restrictions.
...people complaining about the bugginess(lot of valid complaints here) of the game before the first major patch
Newflash:the team making craglorn is not the same group of people bug-bashing and is not the people in Customer service.
Just lol all around.

So every 6 months, you're giving an additional $90. You should be getting the equivalent of full WOW-sized expansions with no box fee and then some. You've already paid $60 as initial investment for the original game. By the six-month mark, you've already spent $150. wt? That's something to lol about.

TyrOd

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013
So every 6 months, you're giving an additional $90. You should be getting the equivalent of full WOW-sized expansions with no box fee and then some. You've already paid $60 as initial investment for the original game. By the six-month mark, you've already spent $150. wt? That's something to lol about.

You're getting $60 worth of expansion content every 6 months.
That's on top of the ~200-300 hours of content you're getting with the box.
That means you're paying ~$5 a month for the sub and you're getting everything in the game with no BS lottery chests. The only notable exception would be the extra 20$ for Imp. edition stuff.
So if you're talking about B2P, then you'd be comparing $5 a month to having a cash shop selling you boosts, random chests, etc...
So that's the caveat here really. If you'd rather get content PRIMARILY through a cash shop than pay $15 a month for continuous new content with no expansion box fee, then this isn't the game for you.
However, IMO there are no F2P/B2P or Sub games where you can get this much content for less than $15 a month.

Don't get me wrong... It's a brilliant pricing strategy for a game with a world that already has a huge fan base. That's what made and continues to make WoW so successful where others have failed. Games from the Warcraft world already had a large following. This is similar to Elder Scrolls. But the thing Warcraft had going for it that Elder Scrolls does not is it was one of the first to have success and gain traction. Since, there have been many subscription-based games that have faded out because they simply don't offer anything much different than WoW.

I just hope Bethesda continues with a line of single-player Elder Scrolls games otherwise they've lost at least one customer. To me, it seems like all MMORPGs are created with similarly generic tasks because there's a limit to what you can do in a world that would affect all players. In a single player environment, there's a lot more leverage with regard to how a single "hero" can affect the entire world.

Status
Not open for further replies.