[SOLVED] First ever pc build, all fans spin but red light for cpu, vga, and boot, please help

Feb 19, 2021
Components:
AMD Ryzen 3 3100
MSI B450 Tomahawk ATX AM4
EVGA 1650 super
Seasonic s12 500 W (power supply)

I have followed a build guide completely, all parts and cables are connected, i plug the cable from the power supply into the outlet, i put hdmi from the monitor to either the card itself or the case, all fans spin, but red light shows up for the cpu, vga, and boot. Nothing shows up on the monitor, I suspect the power supply, but can anybody please help.

Last edited:
Solution
im not sure, how do i update it? I know you can update it on the bios screen, but nothing has showed up on the monitor for me yet. Is there a way to update BIOS without accessing the monitor?
Updating BIOS with Flash BIOS Button Before updating: Please download the latest BIOS file that matches your motherboard model from MSI® website and rename the BIOS file to MSI.ROM. And then, save the MSI.ROM file to the root of USB flash drive. Important Only the FAT32 format USB flash drive supports updating BIOS by Flash BIOS Button.
  1. Connect power supply to CPU_PWR1 and ATX_PWR1. (No other components are necessary but power supply.)
  2. Plug the USB flash drive that contains the MSI.ROM file into the Flash BIOS Port on rear I/O...
Feb 19, 2021
im not sure, how do i update it? I know you can update it on the bios screen, but nothing has showed up on the monitor for me yet. Is there a way to update BIOS without accessing the monitor?

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2021
do you have an instruction book ? if you dont have it , you can still find it in the msi official site , there is a way that allow you to update the bios system without monitor

Jan 13, 2021
Updating BIOS with Flash BIOS Button Before updating: Please download the latest BIOS file that matches your motherboard model from MSI® website and rename the BIOS file to MSI.ROM. And then, save the MSI.ROM file to the root of USB flash drive. Important Only the FAT32 format USB flash drive supports updating BIOS by Flash BIOS Button.
  1. Connect power supply to CPU_PWR1 and ATX_PWR1. (No other components are necessary but power supply.)
  2. Plug the USB flash drive that contains the MSI.ROM file into the Flash BIOS Port on rear I/O panel.
  3. Press the Flash BIOS Button to flash BIOS, and the button LED starts flashing.
  4. After the flashing BIOS process is 100% completed, the LED would be off simultaneously.

Solution