First Gaming Build Need Opinions Before Ordering!2-2.5k

Status
Not open for further replies.

samer005

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
Hello :) i will be mainly using this computer for gaming, browsing the internet, watching HD movies, i want this computer to last about 4 to 5 years might upgrade a little along the way, i want your opinions please, i don't want to go to cheaper brands to reduce the cost(Sorry for bad english)
Buying a monitor:yes
Budget: 2000-2500 Dollars
Will i be over clocking: Yes

im can only buy the items off Amazon

Case: Corsair C70
CPU:Core i7 3770k 3.5ghz
Mobo: Asus p8z77-v
Cpu Cooler: Cooler Master 212 Evo
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600Mhz
SSD: Corsair Force GT 240GB
HDD: WD Caviar Green 3TBx2
GPU: GTX 680 2GB
GPU 2:GTX 680 2GB
DVD: Asus DVD Drive
PSU: Corsair 1200W Gold Standard
Fans 11 Corsair Fans through out the case

Monitor: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0043T34RK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A2YLYLTN75J8LR
Asus 27 inch Full HD

Solution
Hey there, Thoughts:

Make sure you have really good cooling on the GPUs. They are going to get hot. Might even be worth considering something custom on a build this expensive. You picked the external blower kind, right?

With this kind of budget and power I would consider getting a 27" monitor that goes above 1080p. Within 4 years mainstream PCs will be following Apple into retina display territory, and your GPUs are certainly capable of handling it now.

Edit: Also, 680s in SLI are massive overkill for basically everything. At least the higher resolution will help you challenge them a little.

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
Hey there, Thoughts:

Make sure you have really good cooling on the GPUs. They are going to get hot. Might even be worth considering something custom on a build this expensive. You picked the external blower kind, right?

With this kind of budget and power I would consider getting a 27" monitor that goes above 1080p. Within 4 years mainstream PCs will be following Apple into retina display territory, and your GPUs are certainly capable of handling it now.

Edit: Also, 680s in SLI are massive overkill for basically everything. At least the higher resolution will help you challenge them a little.

Solution

deadlockedworld

Distinguished

Agree. This is totally your call. No tech savvy person is going to have problems they cant fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.