first gaming build pls help

DArXToRm24

Prominent
Aug 9, 2017
so i put together a list of stuff for ,y first buid and i was wondering if anyone can help and check if my build is okay and how to maximize it or any suggestions also if anything isnt compatible
heres the list

CPU - RYZEN 5 1600X - 230 - LINK
Motherboard - MSI B350 Tomahawk ATX AM4 -70 from jet- LINK
GPU - GTX 1060 6GB - 260 - LINK
Hard Drive/SSD- Samsung 250GB SSD - 103 - LINK
RAM-G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory - 127
Case-NZXT S340 Mid Tower Computer Case, White- 84- LINK
Power Supply- Seasonic MII12 520 Watt - 50 - LINK

Solution
Looks good. You need a cooler with the 1600x as it doesnt come with a stock cooler like the 1600. Go with something like the Cryorig H7, unless you are planning extreme OC for which you will need a better board as well as cooler.
If you can spend a little extra over, then change the board to the MSI Gaming Pro Carbon. It has more power phases as well as better VRM for OC.
Rest is pretty dope.

cyphacipher

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2013
Those parts look sufficient and should work together. Might want to check that memory compatibility on the motherboards quality list. Even still, I don't see Ripjaw ram being a issue. The power supply has enough wattage to handle those components. Coolermaster power calculator says that machine in its current form will use 279 watts of power, so you got some legroom with the power supply. Solid build.

Link to power calculator if needed: http://www.coolermaster.com/power-supply-calculator/

Looks good. You need a cooler with the 1600x as it doesnt come with a stock cooler like the 1600. Go with something like the Cryorig H7, unless you are planning extreme OC for which you will need a better board as well as cooler.
If you can spend a little extra over, then change the board to the MSI Gaming Pro Carbon. It has more power phases as well as better VRM for OC.
Rest is pretty dope.

Solution
Regarding that you might upgrade in the future, may I suggest that you get more powerful PSU, something in the range of 600W-750W (like an EVGA SuperNova 650W +80Gold would be good enough, for example), and a cooler, if budget wouldn't mind. Other than that, I would say, well done — you have researched your first build excellently.