First gaming pc, any advice opinon welcome

jgraz97

Reputable
Oct 5, 2015
OK so I was thinking about using portatech.com for my first real gaming pc. I am new to building them so portatech seemed like a good option.

Here is my build from there (would come pre-built and tested) :

/ Core i5 4590 (4 x 3.7GHz CPU - 6MB Cache +1150MHz Graphics)
ASRock H81M-VG4
Performance Cooling Package
8GB DDR3-1600 Memory (Single Module)
1TB SATA3 - 6gb/sec 7200RPM (32MB Cache) Hard Drive
Winsis Upgraded Mid Tower Case
700W Power Supply
Windows 10
nVidia GeForce GTX750 - 2GB

The total cost was $777.35 (including shipping, tax, etc .)

My main question is if it is worth it? Have any of you seen a better build for a cheaper price, or even have one you built yourself?

BTW I would like it to be upgradable when the need comes in the future. Oh and I would mainly be playing games like gta v at mediumish settings and my budget is kind of spread between $500-$700, can go to 8 if it was nessasary/worth it

Thanks for taking your time to help me, hopefully I can pass the knowlege on in the future

Oh lastly, 1080p is fine for me, that's the highest my tv goes, I'm also saving up for a good monitor to buy myself around Christmas so that's why I would like to keep the price as low as I can without compromising quality.

Thanks again, any help is appreciated!

I was told about the single module ram so it is now changed to 2×4 to take advantage of duel chanels, still 8 gigs total

jgraz97

Reputable
Oct 5, 2015

Oh no it's not like that, you pick all the parts and they make sure everything is compatible and then build it and ship it. I wouldn't mind building one myself but that's why I asked the question if it seemed overpriced, I was not sure if the added price was worth it. I'm scared I might do something and blow $700 away by doing something wrong. I'm really new to this but I know how easily a part can be rendered useless. Thanks for the quick reply, do you have any advice/ opinions you could give me?