First gaming pc build

alo0oy

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
Hi I'm planing on upgrading my PC that i have right now to play some games on it i dont want to have over the top graphics with it i just want it o run smoothly at low\medium settings and i would like to know what you think about it and give me some recommendations

CPU: i3 3220 (3.3 GHz)
GPU: Geforce GTX 650 Ti
RAM: 4 or 6 GB
PSU: 570 watts

when i have enough money i will try to upgrade to an i5 CPU.
I heard that the i3 can bottleneck the 650 ti on some games is that true ?
I don't know if i need to upgrade to 6 GB RAM and would like to hear your thoughts.
Will this setup be able to play games at a decent performance.

thank you.

Solution
OP: i3 is per Intel the "entry level, basic" CPU, so it contains the least amount of cores and threads. A i5 has more threads / cores and is commonly the platform people use for Medium High graphics (if you spent all this money why would you want 'low' level graphics? might better save ALOT of money then and instead get a console which then gives great consistant graphics for cheaper price). I7 Has even MORE cores / threads and is what all games are 'benchmarked on' because it is made for gaming and performance.

That said, Intel has pushed the newest (Haswell or 4xxx) iCores price down RIDICULOUSLY low when in a new PC, as compared it seems to buying the CPU separately, RAM separately or anything else. For example you can score a...

FabioZ

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014
For the same, or even less, money I'd recomend a Radeon R7 260X (the 2GB version) which you can get on Newegg for around $140.
Regarding RAM, you can always add more later and doesn't affect gameplay that much. You could also get a cheaper AMD processor and invest on a better GPU.

AnEwG

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013

He wants the i5 upgrade path so AMD doesn't seem like an option for him.
OP: I don't think there are any non-generic PSU that are rated at 570 watt.

OP: i3 is per Intel the "entry level, basic" CPU, so it contains the least amount of cores and threads. A i5 has more threads / cores and is commonly the platform people use for Medium High graphics (if you spent all this money why would you want 'low' level graphics? might better save ALOT of money then and instead get a console which then gives great consistant graphics for cheaper price). I7 Has even MORE cores / threads and is what all games are 'benchmarked on' because it is made for gaming and performance.

That said, Intel has pushed the newest (Haswell or 4xxx) iCores price down RIDICULOUSLY low when in a new PC, as compared it seems to buying the CPU separately, RAM separately or anything else. For example you can score a simple i5 for $400 as a full PC, then just move the PSU and GPU over and you got a great gamer system for a while. For a smaller increase you can get a i7 Haswell for $599 and do the same thing and you can have the best platform no matter if you get a R7, Titan, R9, 780Ti, or whatever else and get the ULTRA game play many people tout.

http://slickdeals.net/f/6657778-lenovo-h530-desktop-pc-core-i7-4770-3-4ghz-haswell-8gb-ddr3-1tb-hdd-wifi-n-dvdrw-usb-3-hdmi-win-8-599-90-free-shipping-staples

http://slickdeals.net/f/6711280-refurb-lenovo-ideacentre-k450-desktop-haswell-i5-4430-8g-ddr3-1tb-hd-nvidia-geforce-gt630-378-459-50-instock-lenovo-outlet

Solution