[SOLVED] First gaming PC build.

Jun 1, 2020
Hey guys,
Been doing a lot of research lately for a first gaming PC to build, my budget is 1500-2000$ AUD. I’ve jotted down some parts which seem to be sufficient for the games I would like to play (Fortnite, CSGO), any help or advice on some parts or if anything could be swapped or changed around to benefit me and even save me some money! Also anything I’ve missed! Thanks in advance

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 YD270XBGAFBOX 3.7 GHz 8-Core AM4 Processor
Corsair H110 AIO cooler
Asus TUF Z270 motherboard
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4 2666MHz
Samsung 970 EVO SSD 500GB (Storage)
Radeon RX5700XT 8G DDR6
NZXT S340 Elite ATX Mid Tower Case
Corsair RMx 750 W 80+ Gold

Solution
Build looks solid. I would however recommed 3600MHz RAM as it pairs really well with Ryzen 3rd Gen.

If you decide to change nothing, it will still be an excellent build. But here are a few notes for your consideration.

The motherboard you picked is really good. Although a good B450 board like the Tomahawk MAX can provide similar VRM quality for overclocking at a much cheaper price. The true advantage of X570 is PCIe Gen 4.0 support. If you don't plan on using it you could opt for the Tomahawk and use the extra cash for the faster RAM and better GPU. I think for another 100$ US you'd be entering RTX 2070 territory.

The 3600X also comes with a pretty decent stock cooler. Unless you really want the Water Cooling. You could just use the...

sdedu77

Respectable
Dec 9, 2018
Hello and welcome to the forums!
  1. Z270 (socket 1151) only supports Intel 6th and 7th chips. You need a socket AM4 motherboard. To get PCIe gen4, you need either an X570 or a B550 board.
  2. For Ryzen, you want at least 3000mhz ram. For 3rd gen, 3600mhz is about the sweet spot.
  3. It depends on your needs, but 500gb storage seems a bit too little.

Reactions: Buster1990
Jun 1, 2020
Hello and welcome to the forums!
  1. Z270 (socket 1151) only supports Intel 6th and 7th chips. You need a socket AM4 motherboard. To get PCIe gen4, you need either an X570 or a B550 board.
  2. For Ryzen, you want at least 3000mhz ram. For 3rd gen, 3600mhz is about the sweet spot.
  3. It depends on your needs, but 500gb storage seems a bit too little.
Cheers for the reply mate! I’ll have a look into it more, didn’t realise all that. Good to know before purchasing haha! Is there anything you’d suggest mate?

Build looks solid. I would however recommed 3600MHz RAM as it pairs really well with Ryzen 3rd Gen.

If you decide to change nothing, it will still be an excellent build. But here are a few notes for your consideration.

The motherboard you picked is really good. Although a good B450 board like the Tomahawk MAX can provide similar VRM quality for overclocking at a much cheaper price. The true advantage of X570 is PCIe Gen 4.0 support. If you don't plan on using it you could opt for the Tomahawk and use the extra cash for the faster RAM and better GPU. I think for another 100$ US you'd be entering RTX 2070 territory.

The 3600X also comes with a pretty decent stock cooler. Unless you really want the Water Cooling. You could just use the stock cooler and if it's not satisfactory for you, you can buy the water cooler anyways. Who knows though? Might be good enough and save 100$ to spend on something else?

Also if you play other games and need more storage. You can always add an HDD or more storage later on!

Hope that helps!

Solution
Jun 1, 2020

The 3600X also comes with a pretty decent stock cooler. Unless you really want the Water Cooling. You could just use the stock cooler and if it's not satisfactory for you, you can buy the water cooler anyways. Who knows though? Might be good enough and save 100$ to spend on something else?

Also if you play other games and need more storage. You can always add an HDD or more storage later on!

Hope that helps!
Thanks mate that really helps! Will definitely have another look and see what I can come up with, really appreciate that!