First gaming PC compatibility check + watts check

SNgaming

Prominent
Jul 31, 2017
I have a PC build and I really need someone to check it. I'm new to this gaming electronic stuff and if you would be so kind and have time than please look at this ppp build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hqHRm8 and check if all components are compatible and if you have time and really wanna help me than please check compatibliti of watts couse I picked 500watt power suply and my GPU watt usage is on one site 500w on another 300w and on pcpartpicker 180watt sooo please... Now things you need to know before replying:

1. I have a budget 1500euro... you can go over it if you want to change something in my build but not much like 1600+ is unacceptible.

2. The custom prices in my build on pcpratpicker are from my country (slovakia) if they show up on your pc too.

3. The build is for gaming and editing (+rendering) too. I picked 7700k couse I think it's the best for bough.

4. I don't wanna use overclocking. I'm not an expert and I want from the computer to last me a couple of years... and I'm scared.

5. I don't need rgb leds and stuff... I just want to not waste money on this "nice" stuff.

6. I won't use hdd + ssd I'd better stick to that seagate sshd drive. But if there is a better way to do it with hdd + ssd style than let me know.

7. My monitor size is 2k / 1920:1080 but I don't want to use GTX 1070... I want to keep that 1080. I know it is a bit overkill but I want that "build to be built" all around GTX 1080. If you can help me with picking better 1080 card than tell me which one should I get but the asus rog strix was the best for games I want to play

8. games I want to play on it: Battle field one, Far cry 4, Crysis 3, Xcom 2, GTA 5, Sims 4, R6S

Thank you for all your replyes I really appreciat that.

Solution
Overall, not bad but I would recommend a few changes.

First, your memory is only 2400mhz, but the board can support up to 3866mhz it looks like. I would go mid/top range and get something like 3200mhz or higher speed on your memory. Make sure it is compatible memory for the board as well.

As for the hard drives. Go with SSD for boot and SSHD\HHD for storage. An SSHD basically has a small 8gb flash on there, same thing as an SSD that caches data for quicker speeds. But you are limited to only what can be storage in cache up to 8GB. Why not just use an SSD? You wont have that limitation and get better performance.

For a better power efficiency curve and future expansion proof. I would upgrade that PSU to a 700-750wt. Don't cheap out on...
Overall, not bad but I would recommend a few changes.

First, your memory is only 2400mhz, but the board can support up to 3866mhz it looks like. I would go mid/top range and get something like 3200mhz or higher speed on your memory. Make sure it is compatible memory for the board as well.

As for the hard drives. Go with SSD for boot and SSHD\HHD for storage. An SSHD basically has a small 8gb flash on there, same thing as an SSD that caches data for quicker speeds. But you are limited to only what can be storage in cache up to 8GB. Why not just use an SSD? You wont have that limitation and get better performance.

For a better power efficiency curve and future expansion proof. I would upgrade that PSU to a 700-750wt. Don't cheap out on a PSU, that is the heart of your system.

As for the 1080. Most 1080s perform simlair in benchmarks. You can get whatever brand you prefer. However at that price range you could spend $100 more and get the ti version. You might want to just consider that. However for brands I prefer MSI, but again that is a preference thing.

Solution

MeatFeastMan

Commendable
Jan 9, 2017
First of all, if you think an sshd will offer you a middle ground between an ssd and a hdd, you're wrong. It will perform pretty much the same as a normal hard drive as the ssd part of it is extremely small. I'd go for either a 1tb hdd or a 1tb hdd and a 250gb ssd. You get far better value from either of those options than an sshd.

This build is very imbalanced. Cheaping out on the psu is never a good idea, this is an entry level psu, it shouldn't be anywhere near this build. I'd rather downgrade the gtx 1080 to a 1070 and use a better psu than use the 1080 and the low-end psu. 500w is also a little low, I'd push it up a bit.

Anyways, following your instruction to keep the 1080, I changed your build a bit. You spend a bit more, but well...you kinda need to. And I'm sure some of these prices are far over what they should be. The gtx 1080 strix I found was 550 not 610..

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dVyVvV

or you could get yourself a Ryzen 1600/B350 mobo, keep most of the same components as listed above by the other posters, and get the 1080 ti, plus a good pus. An EVGA 650w G2 would be a nice one, reasonably priced too.

The Ryzen system would have 90+% of the gaming performance of the 7700k (which i might add, if your not overlocking, don't get, and then subsequently don't bother with a z270 mobo, get an H or B mobo would do just fine), and the Ryzen system would outperform the 7700/k at nearly every other task.

You can save yourself a little money by doing so, and still get a great system.