[SOLVED] First gaming pc- Need advice!

manuelgaming21

Commendable
Jan 6, 2019
Hello everyone! So, in a month from now I will be building my very first gaming pc. I want my pc to run games at 1440p resolution 144hz. So here is the build:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x
GPU: 5700xt red devil
RAM: 16GB ddr4 g.skill trident Z 3600mhz
MOBO: B450 tomahawk max
PSU: 2 options here: a) Seasonic Focus Plus 550 gold (100$)
b) Be Quiet Straight Power 11 650w (100$)
CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark TG
HDD: 2tb barracuda
SSD: Kingston A400 480GB
FANS: Corsair ll120 3pack
CPU COOLER: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo

As a monitor I will be using the Samsung CJG50 , a curved 27'',1440p 144hz, 4ms response time

A) Is the build okay? Is there something I could change for a better value?
B) Will the pc run games like Witcher 3, Far Cry 5, RDR2, heavily modded skyrim, in 1440p, with decent fps?
C) Need your help on which PSU to choose. Many told me to go with the seasonic one because I dont need 650w for such a build and their Psus are top.

Thank you :)

Solution
A. Looks good to me eyes. always better values, but quality, you did good.
B. got me here. do not play those games. you should have the power to run them though.
C. you should get the seasonic because its a great unit. the extra wattage will not hurt anything. you will only use the power the parts need.

take an experts word though
only deductions are for the manual and capacitors in the cables, which seems to be a preferential thing by the reviewer.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
B. got me here. do not play those games. you should have the power to run them though.
C. you should get the seasonic because its a great unit. the extra wattage will not hurt anything. you will only use the power the parts need.

take an experts word though
only deductions are for the manual and capacitors in the cables, which seems to be a preferential thing by the reviewer.

Solution

manuelgaming21

Commendable
Jan 6, 2019
Yeah I could have changed some parts , like the fans, but I'm really in love on how those fans look lol

Haha I just listed those games to understand how much power I need from the cpu and gpu. Far cry 3 is the best, but everyone can run that, right xD ?

As for the PSU, yeah seems like I will go with the seasonic one. That link you sent was really useful. Thank you!