First Hands-on and Unboxing of the HP ElitePad 900 G1

Status
Not open for further replies.

victorintelr

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
Well... with those features I don't think is going to be very fast. It's probably gonna fall within the scores of the samsung with the Atom also.
For 200 more I can get a tablet PC with an i5, at least 64GB, usb 3.0 port. Besides the optional dock.... thanks but no thanks.

G

Having played with one myself, there is no question that the processor lacks some performance against the "Core I" processors, however its certainly very usable and a lot better than the old Atom chips. Definitely competent enough for an exec who wants email and internet access, or someone who is not a heavy user. Also, In my opinion, the Elitepad having DOUBLE the battery life as a "Core I" makes it very attractive.

G

What about support for external screens using the docking station. Will that support 2560x1440?

cirdecus

Distinguished
I've been using the wifi 64GB model which i purchased for 600 bucks. It's surprisingly fast for an atom and super responsive.

It's also super super thin, much thinner than a surface pro or any o the competing tablets. Super light. This things really is a great tablet. I see no reason to buy anything else in its price range, given that it's a full win 8 pro PC. The expansion jackets are GENIUS too. The whole thing is serviceable with a replaceable battery and screen too.

cirdecus

Distinguished
[citation][nom]boiler1990[/nom]Yeah, $1200 is a high asking price for this thing. It's almost no different than the Asus VivoTab Smart, which only costs $500.[/citation]

Wow never heard of the $1200 price tag, I think you're confused, see my above comment about the one I purchased discounted at $600 bucks it retails for $700 and thats the 64GB model. They also have a cheaper 32GB model.

Status
Not open for further replies.