First Intel Atom Motherboard On Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

liemfukliang

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2008
I wish Nvidia or Ati make Geforce / Radeon motherboard for this Atom. Geforce 8400 powered ATOM PC with very low power requrement? Sound nice :).

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Now, don't chipsets for atom support max 1GB RAM? I bet Linux can be a very good media center PC platform too. And some hardware acceleration by the graphics card like liemfukliang above mentioned, and a price drop, and there you go, the ultimate media center device for general purpose media and general purpose internet too. Install a deep freeze or something similar for the internet connected versions and live happily. Install Vista and whatever you feel like afterwards, and don't live happily.

draxssab

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
Hmm, I don't think Vista could run "easily" on a so small CPU. And since the goal is to keep the price as low as possible, I'm pretty sure that XP Media center is a better option there. But i'm thinking that a used PC (like a P4 or something similar) make a good media center for low price, as many people are trying to sell them for dual core options these times.. lol

But for the one who prefer brand new stuff, I think this is a good option, and is probably more energy efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.