First Look:Tomb Raider Legend

"TigerTiger" <destrux.remove.this@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:FHr2e.607$EE2.268@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> Found these on the IGN boards.
>
> Scanned pics of Tomb raider Legend from the May issue of PSM
>
> http://img177.exs.cx/img177/2388/18uj.jpg
> http://img213.exs.cx/img213/3884/20gu.jpg
> http://img213.exs.cx/img213/3723/33tq1.jpg
>
> Tombraider.com is also in the process of being updated.
>
> The wait is nearly over!
>
> TT

hmmm I see 2 different types of grenades(concussion & smoke/teargas).
changing the lunchbox(no longer bottomless) well some folks will like that.
rex

In the dead of night, a faint whisper from TigerTiger was heard, at
about 03/30/2005 01:29 AM, and I could have sworn it said ...
> Found these on the IGN boards.
>
> Scanned pics of Tomb raider Legend from the May issue of PSM
>
> http://img177.exs.cx/img177/2388/18uj.jpg
> http://img213.exs.cx/img213/3884/20gu.jpg
> http://img213.exs.cx/img213/3723/33tq1.jpg
>
> Tombraider.com is also in the process of being updated.
>
> The wait is nearly over!
>
> TT

Thank you! Those images look really good. Lara's got a *great* a...
oops ... forgot ... family oriented ... family oriented ... ;)

I definitely agree with fullmetalpancake and AmericanPsycho, but
Lord_Gradient can take his "easier" version of the game and shove it up
his a... ugh ... *family* oriented ... *family* oriented ... :D

Lookin like bringing Toby back was a *good* thing!

P.S. Actually using the function keys for inventory is not nearly as bad
as it may seem, in fact, it works pretty well. I play NOLF which calls
for much more frequent weapons changes, but they messed up NOLF2 by
*going* to a menu system. As long as they are assignable by the user
.... that's the key.
---
PW

There I was, minding my own business, when Rex Reynolds said...

> "TigerTiger" <destrux.remove.this@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Found these on the IGN boards.
>>
>> Scanned pics of Tomb raider Legend from the May issue of PSM
>>
>> http://img177.exs.cx/img177/2388/18uj.jpg
>> http://img213.exs.cx/img213/3884/20gu.jpg
>> http://img213.exs.cx/img213/3723/33tq1.jpg
>>
>> Tombraider.com is also in the process of being updated.
>>
>> The wait is nearly over!
>>
>> TT
>>
> hmmm I see 2 different types of grenades(concussion & smoke/teargas).
> changing the lunchbox(no longer bottomless) well some folks will like
> that. rex

Theres a trade off, mind....Looking at those pages (Thanks TT!) theres talk
of getting rid of the inventory system. That might make things tricky if
theres gonna be loads of keys to remember to combine guns and sights and
pick ammunition types and what not. However...a hot key for the binoculars
would be pretty useful :)

Duncan

Thanks, TT, for the scans. The game looks like it's worth the (longer) wait!

And yah, more hot keys will be good but I still prefer an inventory - so
that I have a choice to choose which.

WY

"Thunderchief" <dnb@thunderchief1.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> There I was, minding my own business, when Rex Reynolds said...
>
>> "TigerTiger" <destrux.remove.this@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Found these on the IGN boards.
>>>
>>> Scanned pics of Tomb raider Legend from the May issue of PSM
>>>
>>> http://img177.exs.cx/img177/2388/18uj.jpg
>>> http://img213.exs.cx/img213/3884/20gu.jpg
>>> http://img213.exs.cx/img213/3723/33tq1.jpg
>>>
>>> Tombraider.com is also in the process of being updated.
>>>
>>> The wait is nearly over!
>>>
>>> TT
>>>
>> hmmm I see 2 different types of grenades(concussion & smoke/teargas).
>> changing the lunchbox(no longer bottomless) well some folks will like
>> that. rex
>
> Theres a trade off, mind....Looking at those pages (Thanks TT!) theres
> talk
> of getting rid of the inventory system. That might make things tricky if
> theres gonna be loads of keys to remember to combine guns and sights and
> pick ammunition types and what not. However...a hot key for the binoculars
> would be pretty useful :)
>
> Duncan

"TigerTiger" <destrux.remove.this@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Found these on the IGN boards.
>
> Scanned pics of Tomb raider Legend from the May issue of PSM
>
> http://img177.exs.cx/img177/2388/18uj.jpg
> http://img213.exs.cx/img213/3884/20gu.jpg
> http://img213.exs.cx/img213/3723/33tq1.jpg
>
> Tombraider.com is also in the process of being updated.
>
> The wait is nearly over!
>
> TT

Thanks for the Pics, I like Lara's newer mor real less mean looking facial
features. I prefer an inventory, and happen to like the bottomless
backpack. One thing I didn't like about what the article said, 'more
split-second timing on jumps' I'm just not that good, I play for the fun
that the first 1-4 TR's had. Now if you want to make the timeing of jumps
and such in the hard or extra hard options (naturely easy and normal would
be good to have for those klutzes like me) and not stick it to those not
able to kick butt with their eyes closed. I didn't mind running around
Paris half as much as I hated some of the Hall of Seasons stuff (did I get
that right? Hall of Seasons?). ^_^

Inu-Yasha
Feh!!

"Inu-Yasha" <tjardine@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
> "TigerTiger" <destrux.remove.this@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Found these on the IGN boards.
>>
>> Scanned pics of Tomb raider Legend from the May issue of PSM
>>
>> http://img177.exs.cx/img177/2388/18uj.jpg
>> http://img213.exs.cx/img213/3884/20gu.jpg
>> http://img213.exs.cx/img213/3723/33tq1.jpg
>>
>> Tombraider.com is also in the process of being updated.
>>
>> The wait is nearly over!
>>
>> TT
>>
> Thanks for the Pics, I like Lara's newer mor real less mean looking
> facial features. I prefer an inventory, and happen to like the
> bottomless backpack. One thing I didn't like about what the article
> said, 'more split-second timing on jumps' I'm just not that good, I
> play for the fun that the first 1-4 TR's had. Now if you want to
> make the timeing of jumps and such in the hard or extra hard options
> (naturely easy and normal would be good to have for those klutzes
> like me) and not stick it to those not able to kick butt with their
> eyes closed. I didn't mind running around Paris half as much as I
> hated some of the Hall of Seasons stuff (did I get that right? Hall
> of Seasons?). ^_^
> Inu-Yasha
> Feh!!

Honestly, I haven't gotten OUT of the Hall of Seasons yet :)
McG.

> "Inu-Yasha" <tjardine@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
>> "TigerTiger" <destrux.remove.this@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Found these on the IGN boards.
>>>
>>> Scanned pics of Tomb raider Legend from the May issue of PSM
>>>
>>> http://img177.exs.cx/img177/2388/18uj.jpg
>>> http://img213.exs.cx/img213/3884/20gu.jpg
>>> http://img213.exs.cx/img213/3723/33tq1.jpg
>>>
>>> Tombraider.com is also in the process of being updated.
>>>
>>> The wait is nearly over!
>>>
>>> TT
>>>
>> Thanks for the Pics, I like Lara's newer mor real less mean looking
>> facial features. I prefer an inventory, and happen to like the
>> bottomless backpack. One thing I didn't like about what the article
>> said, 'more split-second timing on jumps' I'm just not that good, I
>> play for the fun that the first 1-4 TR's had. Now if you want to
>> make the timeing of jumps and such in the hard or extra hard options
>> (naturely easy and normal would be good to have for those klutzes
>> like me) and not stick it to those not able to kick butt with their
>> eyes closed. I didn't mind running around Paris half as much as I
>> hated some of the Hall of Seasons stuff (did I get that right? Hall
>> of Seasons?). ^_^
>> Inu-Yasha
>> Feh!!
>
> Honestly, I haven't gotten OUT of the Hall of Seasons yet :)
> McG.

Heh, I only got out of it using Pizzadocs cheat, and the saves that were
furnished by one of the TR fans, (I am ashamed to admit I can't remember his
name), even with the console turned on, if you don't make the jumps right in
that one room with the folling support pillars, you get to run around all
day on the bottom in miniature size. ^_^

Inu-Yasha
Feh!!

TigerTiger wrote:

> Found these on the IGN boards.
>
> Scanned pics of Tomb raider Legend from the May issue of PSM
>
> http://img177.exs.cx/img177/2388/18uj.jpg
> http://img213.exs.cx/img213/3884/20gu.jpg
> http://img213.exs.cx/img213/3723/33tq1.jpg
>
> Tombraider.com is also in the process of being updated.
>
> The wait is nearly over!
>
> TT

Thanks for the advanced look.

I have to say, I'm not totally happy with the new Lara. For
one thing, her chin is too pointed. It makes her not quite
look like Lara... a Croft relative perhaps. And Lara is
supposed to be athletic, her legs shouldn't be so thin. I
think it would have been a good idea to go back to the original
Lara on the TR 1 box cover and do a high-res, high poly count,
updated version of that model.

And I wonder who'll do the voice... It wouldn't kill them to
get Judith Gibbons back. :)

-- G

TigerTiger wrote:
> Found these on the IGN boards.
>
> Scanned pics of Tomb raider Legend from the May issue of PSM
>
> http://img177.exs.cx/img177/2388/18uj.jpg
> http://img213.exs.cx/img213/3884/20gu.jpg
> http://img213.exs.cx/img213/3723/33tq1.jpg
>
> Tombraider.com is also in the process of being updated.
>
> The wait is nearly over!
>
> TT

Okay, Mr. Gard, I think I can live with the new image of Lara. Did ya
have to put her in a training bra, though? It's not Lara unless
there's some cleavage showing (not too much, just a little).

My one request is that you don't change story arcs in mid-stream.
That'll make things even worse, story-wise. Stay with the Nephilim
arc, but make it better.

The only problem was the story wasn't detailed enough. It was
contrived, more or less. The layout also looked way too linear, for
the most part. Yeah, sure, she had some choices, but it wasn't enough
to get rid of that linear feel.

AND, FOR GOD'S SAKES, IMPROVE THE DAMN CONTROL SYSTEM!!! I sure as
hell don't go running headlong into a man with a gun if I can help it!
Track it, maybe, but I'm not that suicidal! And I sure as hell don't
hesitate to decide if I want to turn or just move sideways. Better
response time between key-presses would be a big boost. If I press it,
it should initiate the action immediately. And, last time I checked, I
can go from standing to running instantaneously. Why the hell does
Lara have to walk before she can run?? THAT AIN'T REALITY!!!

Well, we'll see what happens.

Paul E Kiefer Jr wrote:

> TigerTiger wrote:
> > Found these on the IGN boards.
> >
> > Scanned pics of Tomb raider Legend from the May issue of PSM
> >
> > http://img177.exs.cx/img177/2388/18uj.jpg
> > http://img213.exs.cx/img213/3884/20gu.jpg
> > http://img213.exs.cx/img213/3723/33tq1.jpg
> >
> > Tombraider.com is also in the process of being updated.
> >
> > The wait is nearly over!
> >
> > TT
>
> Okay, Mr. Gard, I think I can live with the new image of Lara. Did ya
> have to put her in a training bra, though? It's not Lara unless
> there's some cleavage showing (not too much, just a little).

Based on some interviews I read a while back, this seems to be an
issue with Gard... Apparently he doesn't like big breasts. It was
one of the reasons he left Core, arguments over Lara's cup size.

Now, here's the thing I don't understand... In one of the guide
books to TR 1 (by Prima), there are some early drawings of Lara,
(apparently concept sketches by Toby Gard). Many of them depict
Lara as this crazed comic-book type character. And in one, she's
holding a few severed heads. So, let me see if I've got this
straight... She can be a psychotic killer, and that's perfectly
OK, just so long as she isn't (horror of horrors) too voluptuous.
Is that it?

It's one of the very few things I don't like about the game--too
much killing. I know that sort of thing is popular, but I don't
care much for it. Once in a while is OK, if it makes sense. But
to just run through killing everything and everyone in sight...
not so fun. When they say a game will have "more action," I'm
afraid that's just a euphemism for more shooting/killing. So, I'm
a little dubious about the this next installment. ... maybe Gard
feels big bouncies would interfere too much in the kill-fest. ;)

Even if there's gunplay, it doesn't always have to be kill kill
kill. There could be a shoot-out where one or both simply
decides it's getting too hot and escapes. This only happened
once that I recall, in the Cistern level.

> My one request is that you don't change story arcs in mid-stream.
> That'll make things even worse, story-wise. Stay with the Nephilim
> arc, but make it better.
>
> The only problem was the story wasn't detailed enough. It was
> contrived, more or less. The layout also looked way too linear, for
> the most part. Yeah, sure, she had some choices, but it wasn't enough
> to get rid of that linear feel.
>
> AND, FOR GOD'S SAKES, IMPROVE THE DAMN CONTROL SYSTEM!!! I sure as
> hell don't go running headlong into a man with a gun if I can help it!

If you don't have good controls, you don't have a good game.
I'm sure that's high on their list. If it isn't... well, let's
just think happy thoughts for now. :)

-- G

"Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
> Paul E Kiefer Jr wrote:
>>
>> TigerTiger wrote:
>>> Found these on the IGN boards.
>>>
>>> Scanned pics of Tomb raider Legend from the May issue of PSM
>>>
>>> http://img177.exs.cx/img177/2388/18uj.jpg
>>> http://img213.exs.cx/img213/3884/20gu.jpg
>>> http://img213.exs.cx/img213/3723/33tq1.jpg
>>>
>>> Tombraider.com is also in the process of being updated.
>>>
>>> The wait is nearly over!
>>>
>>> TT
>>
>> Okay, Mr. Gard, I think I can live with the new image of Lara. Did
>> ya have to put her in a training bra, though? It's not Lara unless
>> there's some cleavage showing (not too much, just a little).
>
> Based on some interviews I read a while back, this seems to be an
> issue with Gard... Apparently he doesn't like big breasts. It was
> one of the reasons he left Core, arguments over Lara's cup size.

I've read the same, and seen interview clips where Gard clearly disliked
some of the current aspects Core went with in Lara. The physical was a
main one.

> Now, here's the thing I don't understand... In one of the guide
> books to TR 1 (by Prima), there are some early drawings of Lara,
> (apparently concept sketches by Toby Gard). Many of them depict
> Lara as this crazed comic-book type character. And in one, she's
> holding a few severed heads.

That sounds interesting. I'd love to see all that. I kinda collect
"stuff for the games" that I keep, such as all the TR games, Quake, Doom
and Unreal too. I have the very first Tombraider guidebook that was out
when the game was first released (here anyway). It's not a Prima. It's
"Tombraider: The Official Strategy Guide" - EIDOS Interactive, on the
cover. Author is Zach Meston, published by Dimension Publishing 1996.
I do have a Prima "double decker", guidebooks for TR1 and 2. Much much
newer.
The old book has only two double page "spreads" of a rendered Lara, and
a 1 page ad in the back. Everything else is game screens.
Prima is good about putting other images in with the game screens. That
holds for this double decker too, but I don't think the Lara "paper
dolls" pages qualify :(
You wouldn't mind scanning some of those would ya? :)

>So, let me see if I've got this
> straight... She can be a psychotic killer, and that's perfectly
> OK, just so long as she isn't (horror of horrors) too voluptuous.
> Is that it?

Well that's just their being too human Gary :) Focus on the minor and
leave the important bit to the wolves so to speak :)
I agree totally with you, there is too much killing going on.

> It's one of the very few things I don't like about the game--too
> much killing. I know that sort of thing is popular, but I don't
> care much for it. Once in a while is OK, if it makes sense. But
> to just run through killing everything and everyone in sight...
> not so fun. When they say a game will have "more action," I'm
> afraid that's just a euphemism for more shooting/killing. So, I'm
> a little dubious about the this next installment. ... maybe Gard
> feels big bouncies would interfere too much in the kill-fest. ;)
>
> Even if there's gunplay, it doesn't always have to be kill kill
> kill. There could be a shoot-out where one or both simply
> decides it's getting too hot and escapes. This only happened
> once that I recall, in the Cistern level.

Really? That would be Pierre? Remember good ol Larson? In St. Frances
Folly, Lara shoots cats, bats and some guy down below, on the floor.
Colloseum, she shoots and kills animals, but the humans always get away.
Hmm. I wonder if Lara actually killed a human in TR1? I mean with
shooting/fighting them. Things happened where people got killed I'm
sure, like the Atlantean stronghold blowing up. But DID Lara actually
kill any humans? Never thought about that before. Seemed it was always
a given. Well, I'll be looking :)
McG.

> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
>> Paul E Kiefer Jr wrote:

>>> Okay, Mr. Gard, I think I can live with the new image of Lara. Did
>>> ya have to put her in a training bra, though? It's not Lara unless
>>> there's some cleavage showing (not too much, just a little).
>>
>> Based on some interviews I read a while back, this seems to be an
>> issue with Gard... Apparently he doesn't like big breasts. It was
>> one of the reasons he left Core, arguments over Lara's cup size.
>
> I've read the same, and seen interview clips where Gard clearly disliked
> some of the current aspects Core went with in Lara. The physical was a
> main one.
>

>> Now, here's the thing I don't understand... In one of the guide
>> books to TR 1 (by Prima), there are some early drawings of Lara,
>> (apparently concept sketches by Toby Gard). Many of them depict
>> Lara as this crazed comic-book type character. And in one, she's
>> holding a few severed heads.
>
> That sounds interesting. I'd love to see all that. I kinda collect
> "stuff for the games" that I keep, such as all the TR games, Quake, Doom
> and Unreal too. I have the very first Tombraider guidebook that was out
> when the game was first released (here anyway). It's not a Prima. It's
> "Tombraider: The Official Strategy Guide" - EIDOS Interactive, on the
> cover. Author is Zach Meston, published by Dimension Publishing 1996. I
> do have a Prima "double decker", guidebooks for TR1 and 2. Much much
> newer.
> The old book has only two double page "spreads" of a rendered Lara, and a
> 1 page ad in the back. Everything else is game screens.
> Prima is good about putting other images in with the game screens. That
> holds for this double decker too, but I don't think the Lara "paper dolls"
> pages qualify :(
> You wouldn't mind scanning some of those would ya? :)

The book is called Tomb Raider Game Secrets, by Nick Roberts. I thas about
three separate illustrations of a Lara looking like a comic book drawing,
only one of which shows her pony tail. One does have a couple of severed
heads in her right hand, and with many separate items on her belt, and
shoulders (like gas grenades), and Lara has a very vicious look on her face.
There does not seem to be any positive indication the illustrations were by
Toby Gard, other than his credit as animation. Can you imagine, the first
TR game was done by six people. I can scan any page, but I don't have
anyplace to post them. ^_^

Inu-Yasha
Feh!!

> [...]
>>> the most part. Yeah, sure, she had some choices, but it wasn't
>>> enough to get rid of that linear feel.
>>>
>>> AND, FOR GOD'S SAKES, IMPROVE THE DAMN CONTROL SYSTEM!!! I sure as
>>> hell don't go running headlong into a man with a gun if I can help
>>> it!
>>
>> If you don't have good controls, you don't have a good game.
>> I'm sure that's high on their list. If it isn't... well, let's
>> just think happy thoughts for now. :)
>>
>> -- G
>>

>>> Track it, maybe, but I'm not that suicidal! And I sure as hell don't
>>> hesitate to decide if I want to turn or just move sideways. Better
>>> response time between key-presses would be a big boost. If I press
>>> it, it should initiate the action immediately. And, last time I
>>> checked, I can go from standing to running instantaneously. Why the
>>> hell does Lara have to walk before she can run?? THAT AIN'T

While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
world domination, Gary Mitchell mentioned

>> Okay, Mr. Gard, I think I can live with the new image of Lara. Did ya
>> have to put her in a training bra, though? It's not Lara unless
>> there's some cleavage showing (not too much, just a little).
>
>Based on some interviews I read a while back, this seems to be an
>issue with Gard... Apparently he doesn't like big breasts. It was
>one of the reasons he left Core, arguments over Lara's cup size.

FWIW I'm with him, there.

Anything more than a mouthful is a waste!
"When in danger or in doubt,
Run in circles, scream and shout"
..
It's not just a management tool,
It's a philosophy for living!!
..
..

While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
world domination, Inu-Yasha mentioned

>> The old book has only two double page "spreads" of a rendered Lara, and a
>> 1 page ad in the back. Everything else is game screens.
>> Prima is good about putting other images in with the game screens. That
>> holds for this double decker too, but I don't think the Lara "paper dolls"
>> pages qualify :(
>> You wouldn't mind scanning some of those would ya? :)
>>
>The book is called Tomb Raider Game Secrets, by Nick Roberts. I thas about
>three separate illustrations of a Lara looking like a comic book drawing,
>only one of which shows her pony tail. One does have a couple of severed
>heads in her right hand, and with many separate items on her belt, and
>shoulders (like gas grenades), and Lara has a very vicious look on her face.
>There does not seem to be any positive indication the illustrations were by
>Toby Gard, other than his credit as animation. Can you imagine, the first
>TR game was done by six people. I can scan any page, but I don't have
>anyplace to post them. ^_^
>
> Inu-Yasha
> Feh!!

Hey!

I'd like to see those scanned images, too.

Why not post them in (alt dot binaries dot lara dot croft) where I've
been posting some Zimmerman images recently? It's pretty quiet in
there and the more posts, the less chance that spammers and trolls
will move in.

I'd like to assess the images for a kisekae set, too.
-
-
Some days, it just isn't worth chewing through the straps.
-
-

I think she had a shootout with Larson at the end of the Tomb Of
Qualopec level and knocks him out...remember she returns to the lost
valley area one more time before heading to Greece.

Man--I can't remember if she took out Pierre or not, in fact he shows
up in the TR: Chronicles but I am not sure if that is before or after
TR1

She did take out some of Natla's people in the mine level I think, and
she got rid of the skateboard kid, but even he like disappeared

Cinefyl

Inu-Yasha wrote:

> > "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message

> >> In one of the guide
> >> books to TR 1 (by Prima), there are some early drawings of Lara,
> >> (apparently concept sketches by Toby Gard). Many of them depict
> >> Lara as this crazed comic-book type character. And in one, she's
> >> holding a few severed heads.
> >
> > That sounds interesting. I'd love to see all that. I kinda collect
> > "stuff for the games" that I keep, such as all the TR games, Quake, Doom
> > and Unreal too. I have the very first Tombraider guidebook that was out
> > when the game was first released (here anyway). It's not a Prima. It's
> > "Tombraider: The Official Strategy Guide" - EIDOS Interactive, on the
> > cover. Author is Zach Meston, published by Dimension Publishing 1996. I
> > do have a Prima "double decker", guidebooks for TR1 and 2. Much much
> > newer.
> > The old book has only two double page "spreads" of a rendered Lara, and a
> > 1 page ad in the back. Everything else is game screens.
> > Prima is good about putting other images in with the game screens. That
> > holds for this double decker too, but I don't think the Lara "paper dolls"
> > pages qualify :(
> > You wouldn't mind scanning some of those would ya? :)
> >
> The book is called Tomb Raider Game Secrets, by Nick Roberts. I thas about
> three separate illustrations of a Lara looking like a comic book drawing,
> only one of which shows her pony tail. One does have a couple of severed
> heads in her right hand, and with many separate items on her belt, and
> shoulders (like gas grenades), and Lara has a very vicious look on her face.
> There does not seem to be any positive indication the illustrations were by
> Toby Gard, other than his credit as animation.

True, but I remember reading that Toby drew up some concept images of
Lara early on, when they were still thinking about who the character
should be. So, that was an assumption on my part. Still, Toby wasn't
alone, maybe someone else drew those.

> Can you imagine, the first
> TR game was done by six people. I can scan any page, but I don't have
> anyplace to post them. ^_^

We can post them over at alt.binaries.lara.croft. Or, in a pinch, no
one would die if an image or two showed up here or alt.fan.lara-croft
once in a while.

-- G

> Inu-Yasha
> Feh!!

> Inu-Yasha wrote:
>> "McGrandpa" wrote:
>>> "Gary Mitchell" wrote:
<mega snipped to the point of reply>
>> Can you imagine, the first TR game was done by six people.
>> I can scan any page, but I don't have anyplace to post them.
>> ^_^
>> Inu-Yasha
>> Feh!!
> We can post them over at alt.binaries.lara.croft. Or, in a pinch, no
> one would die if an image or two showed up here or alt.fan.lara-croft
> once in a while.
> -- G

Unless, of course, one has a newsgroup reader BLOCK any and all images in
NGs except binaries. ;)

--
Ms T
ever changing calm

McGrandpa wrote:

> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message

> > Now, here's the thing I don't understand... In one of the guide
> > books to TR 1 (by Prima), there are some early drawings of Lara,
> > (apparently concept sketches by Toby Gard). Many of them depict
> > Lara as this crazed comic-book type character. And in one, she's
> > holding a few severed heads.
>
> That sounds interesting. I'd love to see all that. I kinda collect
> "stuff for the games" that I keep, such as all the TR games, Quake, Doom
> and Unreal too. I have the very first Tombraider guidebook that was out
> when the game was first released (here anyway). It's not a Prima. It's
> "Tombraider: The Official Strategy Guide" - EIDOS Interactive, on the
> cover. Author is Zach Meston, published by Dimension Publishing 1996.
> I do have a Prima "double decker", guidebooks for TR1 and 2. Much much
> newer.
> The old book has only two double page "spreads" of a rendered Lara, and
> a 1 page ad in the back. Everything else is game screens.
> Prima is good about putting other images in with the game screens. That
> holds for this double decker too, but I don't think the Lara "paper
> dolls" pages qualify :(
> You wouldn't mind scanning some of those would ya? :)

Alrighty then... they're uploading to alt.binaries.lara.croft as I type.
If something doesn't go right, I'll try again... I don't do much image
posting. :)

There isn't much traffic over there, but just the same, look for the
subject starting with "ATTN McGrampa..." Let me know if you get them OK.

-- G

Miowarra Tomokatu wrote:

> While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
> world domination, Gary Mitchell mentioned
>
> >> Okay, Mr. Gard, I think I can live with the new image of Lara. Did ya
> >> have to put her in a training bra, though? It's not Lara unless
> >> there's some cleavage showing (not too much, just a little).
> >
> >Based on some interviews I read a while back, this seems to be an
> >issue with Gard... Apparently he doesn't like big breasts. It was
> >one of the reasons he left Core, arguments over Lara's cup size.
>
> FWIW I'm with him, there.
>
> Anything more than a mouthful is a waste!

Well, that's your and Gard's view... But to quit one's job over
it, isn't that a bit much? Maybe there was more to it than just
that, but that was the main reason given.

Obviously the powers that be felt a D-cup Lara would do more for
sales than an A-cup. If they could sell different versions of the
same game, the only choice being a variety of breast size--no
other differences, it would be interesting to see which would sell
the best. :)

-- G

"cinefyl" <cinefyl@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I think she had a shootout with Larson at the end of the Tomb Of
> Qualopec level and knocks him out...remember she returns to the lost
> valley area one more time before heading to Greece.
>
> Man--I can't remember if she took out Pierre or not, in fact he shows
> up in the TR: Chronicles but I am not sure if that is before or after
> TR1
>
> She did take out some of Natla's people in the mine level I think, and
> she got rid of the skateboard kid, but even he like disappeared
>
> Cinefyl

Larson and Pierre had some ... er... difficulties with some plants in
TR3, London I believe :)
McG.

> Miowarra Tomokatu wrote:
>>
>> While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
>> world domination, Gary Mitchell mentioned

>>> Based on some interviews I read a while back, this seems to be an
>>> issue with Gard... Apparently he doesn't like big breasts. It was
>>> one of the reasons he left Core, arguments over Lara's cup size.
>>
>> FWIW I'm with him, there.
>>
>> Anything more than a mouthful is a waste!
>
> Well, that's your and Gard's view... But to quit one's job over
> it, isn't that a bit much? Maybe there was more to it than just
> that, but that was the main reason given.
>
> Obviously the powers that be felt a D-cup Lara would do more for
> sales than an A-cup. If they could sell different versions of the
> same game, the only choice being a variety of breast size--no
> other differences, it would be interesting to see which would sell
> the best. :)
>
> -- G

After about 2 minutes of just looking at the new Lara in each game, I
never notice her unless she'd done something different. And, in AoD,
that was quite a lot 'different'. Like automatically taking off for the
baddies when she has her gun drawn! Gee Whiz how dumb could they have
coded that?!?
SO...the bigger breasts will sell more games. Just for that 2 minutes.
What a species!
McG.

> McGrandpa wrote:
>>
>> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
>
>>> Now, here's the thing I don't understand... In one of the guide
>>> books to TR 1 (by Prima), there are some early drawings of Lara,
>>> (apparently concept sketches by Toby Gard). Many of them depict
>>> Lara as this crazed comic-book type character. And in one, she's
>>> holding a few severed heads.
>>
>> That sounds interesting. I'd love to see all that. I kinda collect
>> "stuff for the games" that I keep, such as all the TR games, Quake,
>> Doom and Unreal too. I have the very first Tombraider guidebook
>> that was out when the game was first released (here anyway). It's
>> not a Prima. It's "Tombraider: The Official Strategy Guide" -
>> EIDOS Interactive, on the cover. Author is Zach Meston, published
>> by Dimension Publishing 1996. I do have a Prima "double decker",
>> guidebooks for TR1 and 2. Much much newer.
>> The old book has only two double page "spreads" of a rendered Lara,
>> and a 1 page ad in the back. Everything else is game screens.
>> Prima is good about putting other images in with the game screens.
>> That holds for this double decker too, but I don't think the Lara
>> "paper dolls" pages qualify :(
>> You wouldn't mind scanning some of those would ya? :)
>
> Alrighty then... they're uploading to alt.binaries.lara.croft as I
> type. If something doesn't go right, I'll try again... I don't do
> much image posting. :)
>
> There isn't much traffic over there, but just the same, look for the
> subject starting with "ATTN McGrampa..." Let me know if you get them
> OK.
>
> -- G

Got em just seconds after I saw this post Gary. They're perfect! Good
Job! No don't bother with the whole pages, the images themselves is
great.
I'd seen similar in the Lara Croft DVD I have. But not on paper. Video
of Toby drawing Lara while sipping tea at a diner :) That was a while
back I think.
Now, what's it really matter what size cup she fills anyway? That
doesn't appear to hamper her in exploring ruins in the least. As far
as a sexy Lara goes, I always thought that look IS sexy, from women
wearing the Lara outfits from TR1 thru AoD :) It looks good, yes :)
McG.

"Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
> Miowarra Tomokatu wrote:
>>
>> While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
>> world domination, Gary Mitchell mentioned

>> >Based on some interviews I read a while back, this seems to be an
>> >issue with Gard... Apparently he doesn't like big breasts. It was
>> >one of the reasons he left Core, arguments over Lara's cup size.
>>
>> FWIW I'm with him, there.
>>
>> Anything more than a mouthful is a waste!
>
> Well, that's your and Gard's view... But to quit one's job over
> it, isn't that a bit much? Maybe there was more to it than just
> that, but that was the main reason given.
>
> Obviously the powers that be felt a D-cup Lara would do more for
> sales than an A-cup. If they could sell different versions of the
> same game, the only choice being a variety of breast size--no
> other differences, it would be interesting to see which would sell
> the best. :)
>
> -- G

Heh, Sounds a little like DOA1 and DOA2 for the PS1 & Dreamcast
respectively, they had a 'bounce' option controlled by the age you entered
(lied about), the older - to a point - the bouncier the girl's boobs got .
The could have controlled the size the same way I should think (in TR of
course). ^_^

Inu-Yasha
Feh!!