First maybe last new egg order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 3, 2020
Hi everyone, first time on these boards, so apologies if this isn't the right place.

I'm attempting to build my first PC, and placed an order with New Egg. Received all components except for CPU and thermal paste which was supposed to be already delivered. The box it was supposed to arrive in only contained the mobo and cooler. I called and they said they have to put in a claim and it would be another 7-10 business days! What? I'm so gutted. Has anyone had to deal with this before?

Do I order another CPU while I'm waiting or will it take the actually amount of time they've given. I'm worried they will also come back and deny the claim. Even though mostly likely the box wouldn't have fit anything else. Any advice or experience shared greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Last edited:
Solution
I would say to be patient - I've been ordering things sporadically from them since 2005, and made several purchases in the past year. I only had to make one return which was not NewEgg's fault (the WD Red NAS drive debacle with the SMR type of recording), and it went smoothly.

I've never seen anything missing.

Was everything that you purchased "Sold By Newegg" or was any of it 3rd party sellers on their site. I've never purchased anything that was 3rd party, always check off Seller: NewEgg and Condition: New as filters after I do a search.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I would say to be patient - I've been ordering things sporadically from them since 2005, and made several purchases in the past year. I only had to make one return which was not NewEgg's fault (the WD Red NAS drive debacle with the SMR type of recording), and it went smoothly.

Was everything that you purchased "Sold By Newegg" or was any of it 3rd party sellers on their site. I've never purchased anything that was 3rd party, always check off Seller: NewEgg and Condition: New as filters after I do a search.

Reactions: Aerisa
Solution
Jun 3, 2020
I hadn't though of that....... I've gone back to look, it looks to all be New Egg. Posting a pic...
Trying to be patience o_O when you get new toys, I need to play with them! Just really frustrated as I've never built a computer myself, I have just order them in the past. Feeling abit anxious about my decision.

I've never used New Egg before so this is all new, thanks for sharing I really appreciate it. Cheers! :)

neweggorder by Aerisa Fleur

I just purchased a rgb keyboard and mouse combo and the seller messed up by giving me someone else's tracking #.
I went through the add on newegg
Contact seller and was able to communicate with them.

I have had larger orders come in separate shipments.
So for piece of mind contacting them will do your mind alot of good.

Reactions: Aerisa and King_V
Jun 3, 2020
They've emailed me the claim review for missing items, its on "Your claim has been issued and your case will undergo review. " There is a 7-10 days wait so wait I shall..wait. I was so excited to build today. :(

Thank you so much for the responses, its nice to hear others experience with New Egg, as I've never dealt with them before. Hoping for the best! I will update once I hear back what their response will be.

Cheers again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.