First Nokia Lumia Tablet Unveiled, Runs Windows RT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazer1985

Honorable
May 21, 2012
Sorry Jane, I think you may be wrong when you say that Microsoft has dropped the RT brand.. While it is true that the surface RT has dropped the suffix Windows RT is still called Windows RT :)

kyuuketsuki

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
That's actually a really good price considering it comes equipped with LTE.

I very much hope they release a cheaper wi-fi only model, though. Lots of people, myself included, have no need or desire to pay for another cell phone contract for a tablet when we can just tether if necessary.

joe nate

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
"Interesting, while Microsoft has dropped the 'RT' branding Nokia still uses it in its blog post about the 2520."

Microsoft dropped the RT branding on the Microsoft Surface 2, even though it runs Windows RT 8.1. The Windows ARM based OS is still called Windows RT (For the 8 equivalent) or Windows 8.1 RT.

Nokia is wise in informing it's customers that the OS is Windows 8.1 RT rather than Windows 8.1 that is based on x86 architecture because it serves not to mislead customers about what kind of software it can run.

And before this item... the Surface RT and Surface 2 were the last two remaining currently produced items on the market. (Well as of today, as the Surface 2 was just street dated today)

alextheblue

Distinguished
I agree with you on both counts. It's not bad for an LTE model at all. But personally I'd rather have a Wifi-only model, if it was substantially cheaper.

captinchikin

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013
We seriously need to see more 8 or 8.1 tablets. My dream has always been to do AE in and Premiere on the go, and the Surface pro doesn't cut it with that kind of hardware.

acasel

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
specs are good but the DOWNSIDE is its running Microsoft

If nokia had gone with the android route. they might have salvaged their company

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS