[SOLVED] First non Intel build in 30 years

Dec 6, 2020
I was excited to be building an AMD 5900X computer, bought everything I need for the build but the cpu.
Then came launch day, what a joke my Micro Center had 10 in stock and way over a hundred people standing in line to buy. Another paper launch from Amd.
Does anyone know when and if they will be in stock anywhere?
It this point I'm starting to think I should have stayed with an Intel build.
This is what I have for the build.

ASUS X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 64GB DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) CAS 18
Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L
SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe
EVGA 220-GA-0750-X1 Super Nova 750 Ga, 80 Plus Gold 750W
Cooler Master HAF XB EVO case
ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8GB GDDR6

I just need the cpu....... So depressed
Thanks for any help

Solution
Dec 6, 2020
You have to keep going to microcenter about 1-2hrs before they open and you will eventually get one. That's the only way to get it to be honest.

That's what I had to do to get a 3080... stressing times
You have to keep going to microcenter about 1-2hrs before they open and you will eventually get one. That's the only way to get it to be honest.

That's what I had to do to get a 3080... stressing times

Unfortunately I'm disabled and have to take a $30+ Uber ride to get to the Micro Center. But no one has been restocked since the launch day, and B&H never had any to begin with. I'm on email lists everywhere but still nothing from anyone.

Dec 6, 2020
I have been patient, but it's been over a month AMD said it would restock soon. What is soon for them June 2021 or Christmas 2022?
For a cpu launch to only have 10 units for an area of several million people is bad business.

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
I have been patient, but it's been over a month AMD said it would restock soon. What is soon for them June 2021 or Christmas 2022?
For a cpu launch to only have 10 units for an area of several million people is bad business.
I agree that this is a shame and it definitely sucks for people looking for anew Ryzen 5000 CPU.
BUT getting upset and stressing won't change the situation and will just be harmful your health.

Dec 6, 2020
I agree that this is a shame and it definitely sucks for people looking for anew Ryzen 5000 CPU.
BUT getting upset and stressing won't change the situation and will just be harmful your health.

Oh I'm not getting stressed, you see I'm even willing to step up to a 5950, but there is zero stock. If I don't see any kind of movement by January I may return the motherboard and go back to Intel.

Reactions: DMAN999
Reactions: DMAN999
Solution