First PC, budget €400 - €500 any suggestions? low-medium end gaming pc

DaanRozema

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017
I want to build my first pc, but because I am very new to this I don't know what parts I should buy. So I was hoping someone on the internet would be kind enough to help me out :)

I am willing to spend somewhere between 400 and 500 euros, I will only use the pc for gaming and web browsing. It doesn't have to be a very high-end pc, at the moment I mostly play Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. I'm not planning on overclocking it. What I do want is the possibility to upgrade it later if I start playing heavier games or whatever. I do want windows 10. (I don't know if that matters)

Cpu: I read into it a bit and found out that a quad-core would be enough for most gaming, and from my own experience with my laptop I think that somewhere around 3,4 GHz is enough. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Motherboard: I have know Idea what I need or what I want, from what I read I think a Mini ITX will do me just fine, but I'm not completly sure.

Ram: I read 4 GB ram is good enough for wat I want, but as I sad I might somewhere down the line want to upgrade it to 8, I don't know.

Case: In would love to get a case that is easy with the cabel management, I do not care how it looks, as long as it's not so ugly I can't even look at it :)

Gpu: I've got no idea.... I'm not interested in SLI or crossfire.

Storage: I don't think I need an SSD.

I don't need an optical drive.

I don't have a monitor yet, suggestions are ofcourse appreciated.

I live in the Netherlands, maybe it matters for shipping, I don't know. I hope I did not make to many grammer mistakes and I hope that there is someone out there that is willing to help me, Thanks in advance.

DaanRozema

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017

I see you added a SSD card to the list, can't I better get a normal hard drive? It will be slower, but it can store more and it will be cheaper.

The Motherboard is a micro-atx, now I don't really care that much which one I'm getting, as long as it does the job. But could you please explain why you choose a micro-atx and not a mini-itx? I'm just currious.

A regular hdd is very noticeable slower, defenetly not recommanded.
you play a couple small games , + eveything you download + browsing will be stored on your hard drive.

your pc will feel more responsive, snappier, tabs programs open way faster.

just add that hdd later when u get enough money, believe me, its enough for 5 large games , few small games and your os .

Ditch the ssd and get 8gb of ram. 4gb is not enough nowadays even if you are only playing cs go. Also because of ditching the ssd you can get a 1050ti for usually 10-20 euro more.

Btw when looking for good prices use tweakers.net great site for us dutchies lists all the sites that deliver to the netherlands and belgium.

DaanRozema

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017

Now I got 2 people saying 2 different things...

Do you say that I can skip the ssd and don't need a hdd, or do I need an hdd? do you say that 8gb without ssd but with hdd will be just as good and cheaper, or don't I understand you correctly? sorry for my noobieness, but I'm new to this stuff.

btw, when I search on pcpartpicker.com for corsair vengeance lpx ddr4, I get a lot of options, I see one 2x4gb for $77. I don't know which one superninja12 suggested, but it looks like I can get 8gb without a problem.

the one i suggested is 8gb ram: just enter the article numbers from the picture.
defenetly get the ssd its so so worth it.

DaanRozema

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017

btw there is no cpu cooler in the list, did you forgot or don't I need it?

TrAAst

Respectable
Dec 15, 2016
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1300X 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock - A320M-HDV Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($63.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: PNY - CS1311 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($52.99 @ Best Buy)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($46.88 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1050 2GB Mini Video Card ($109.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Raidmax - Viper II ATX Mid Tower Case ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($23.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $497.80
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-06 05:29 EDT-0400

http://imgur.com/a/xjD72

Solution