First PC build and need some storage pointers

getbentonit

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
So after gathering up all the various parts for my new computer. I have ended up with

2 OCZ Agility 2 SSD 60GB
4 WD Caviar Black 1TB 64 Harddrives
1 Seagate Barracuda 2TB 32 harddrive
HAF 932
Asus P7P55D deluxe mobo
EVGA GTX 460
Windows 7 Professional x64

After trail and error i set up the two SSD's in a RAID 1 and installed the OS on them.
I put the page file no a partition on the 2TB drive and used the rest of the drive for data storage (redirecting the user folders to that drive)

I was just about to set up the other 4 1TB drives in a RAID 10 (0+1) but then i thought it might be wise to ask the masses for some advice first.

Anyone have any ideas on the best way to configure all the components i have?

I feel that i may be giving up tons up read/write speed with the RAID 1 for the OS? Would i be better off just running the OS on one SSD and then using the other one for a daily back up of the main drive?

Oh and on top of all of this I have a mother board issue. THe P7P55D Deluxe has 6 sata ports that use the intel storage matrix controller, and three that use the JBmicron (sp?) controller.

Right now i have the two SSD and the 4 WDHD on the intel controller, and the one 2tb seagate , my optical drive, and the sata cable coming from the HAF 932 case attached to the other three sata ports. But my optical drive is not showing up...

any ideas on how to configure the system and which ports to put them on?

Your input is much appreciated.

Thanks,