[SOLVED] First pc build budget $1000 -$1600 AUD

Nov 8, 2020
Hello, all

It is my first time building a computer. My budget is anywhere from $1000 to $1600 could spread it more but prefer not too. I want a computer that is powerful and that I can play games stable. I understand that the 1660 super wont be as good as a rtx 3070 or something but I'm coming from a ps4 so I'm sure it will be good for me. I will probably wait for the black Friday sales before buying these parts. I'm just wondering if these parts are good. Also for the motherboard I included one with wifi because I don't have any LAN/Ethernet close enough.

Pc Part picker list:https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Z9fPXb

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
CPU | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor | $469.00 @ JW Computers
Motherboard | Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard | $295.00 @ Skycomp Technology
Memory | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory | $102.99 @ Amazon Australia
Storage | Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive | $91.00 @ Centre Com
Video Card | Asus GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB TUF GAMING OC Video Card | $359.00 @ Umart
Case | Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case | $126.50 @ Newegg Australia
Power Supply | Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | $185.00 @ PC Byte
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | $1628.49
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-11-09 14:09 AEDT+1100 |

Solution
Waiting until Black Friday isn't going to do much. You're going to pay high end prices for high end parts no matter what time of year it is. The Black Friday deals are for cheap low end junk they can't move the rest of the year so that's what usually gets discounted.

That build looks good overall but that seems like way too much money to be paying for a 1660. Even a 2060 KO would be a much better choice and that shouldn't add too much to the cost.

g-unit1111

Titan
Waiting until Black Friday isn't going to do much. You're going to pay high end prices for high end parts no matter what time of year it is. The Black Friday deals are for cheap low end junk they can't move the rest of the year so that's what usually gets discounted.

That build looks good overall but that seems like way too much money to be paying for a 1660. Even a 2060 KO would be a much better choice and that shouldn't add too much to the cost.

Solution
Nov 8, 2020

Sorry for asking but do you know which case is the better. The case I listed the Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case or the H500 case or the Dark Avengers Case. Also would I need to buy fans for any of these cases or are the included fans good enough for the build? Also for the Black Friday sales I meant that the SSD and the ram could go cheaper.

g-unit1111

Titan
Sorry for asking but do you know which case is the better. The case I listed the Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case or the H500 case or the Dark Avengers Case. Also would I need to buy fans for any of these cases or are the included fans good enough for the build? Also for the Black Friday sales I meant that the SSD and the ram could go cheaper.

I personally like NZXT but you can't go wrong with that or the Fractal - both are good cases.

Nov 8, 2020
I personally like NZXT but you can't go wrong with that or the Fractal - both are good cases.
The thing is that if I go with the NZXT H500 case it has usb c port but I heard the strix B550-F doesn't have any usb c headers. If I use an adapter or someting will it be as fast as It would have been if the motherboard had the usb c header?

Thanks,

g-unit1111

Titan
The thing is that if I go with the NZXT H500 case it has usb c port but I heard the strix B550-F doesn't have any usb c headers. If I use an adapter or someting will it be as fast as It would have been if the motherboard had the usb c header?

Thanks,

Some ports on cases just don't get used. It's more the motherboard manufacturer's fault than anything. My case has an HDMI connector that was meant for VR, but you have to practically dismantle your GPU to get to the header, so it's pretty worthless.