First PC build but it wont post.

nano3051

Prominent
May 30, 2017
Hello everyone I need help please. I just did my first gaming pc build but my pc is not posting at all. I was following the video on youtube that newegg did and I followed it step by step. The pc is powered and the motherboard, graphics card is clearly lit up but its a no go. I've tried other suggestions i had read online like using only one stick of ram and placing it in different slots or completely dissembling everything start it outside of case and still nothing. I'll add my specs to the bottom but please any help would be kindly appreciated.

Intel - Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor

Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Asus - STRIX Z270-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory

Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ROG STRIX Video Card

Cooler Master - MasterCase Pro 5 ATX Mid Tower Case

EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Solution
You've built outside of the case, with only the CPU/Mobo/1xRAM + relevant PSU connectors? If that's the case, it's not looking too good.

Are you ensuring you're attaching the standard 24pin ATX connector, along with the 4 (or 8) pin CPU power connector?

Have you followed everything listed in this thread? Not just thinking you have, have you actually disconnected everything & resecured?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
You've built outside of the case, with only the CPU/Mobo/1xRAM + relevant PSU connectors? If that's the case, it's not looking too good.

Are you ensuring you're attaching the standard 24pin ATX connector, along with the 4 (or 8) pin CPU power connector?

Have you followed everything listed in this thread? Not just thinking you have, have you actually disconnected everything & resecured?

Solution